Complaint Review: Camco

• Submitted: Fri, October 22, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, October 23, 2004

• Reported By:Lamesa Texas
Camco
303 N. Main Street Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Camco rip-off! They say I owe a phone bill but thephone company shows nothing on me since 1996. Rockford Illinois

*Consumer Comment: They always change the information.

*Consumer Comment: welcome to the camco club ..FTC is useless, they paid a fune but still operating

I have Mr. Rizzo and now Mr. Tola calling me stating that I owe a phone bill of 1571.00 this time ever time its differnt and If I will western union them 150.00 they will settle if not they will file in my county.

I have hired an attorney and he says that if they cant prove to me that I owe this and refuse to send me anything on this dont worry. They tell me that they have mailed out all kinds of information. Well they lie I have never received anythnig.

Its not on my credit and I have called the phone company and I have never had a deliquent account with them. This company needs to be shut down. First if someone owed me 1571.00 dollars I would have hard time accepting 150.00. Sounds like a bunch of @#$%.

M
Lamesa, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2004 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camco/Rockford-Illinois/Camco-rip-off-They-say-I-owe-a-phone-bill-but-thephone-company-shows-nothing-on-me-since-114131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camco

They always change the information.

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

They have no clue what the bill is for, when the bill was from, or who the bill was for. They just make crap up. Threatening to file a lawsuit against you is illegal. Had you taped that conversation you would be enjoying a free vacation on them. As it is, even had the debt been real it would have been well past the statute of limitations. Send them a letter certified mail telling them to to never contact you again. It is VERY important that you file complaints with the FTC, the illinois attorney general, and the texas attorney general about the threat of lawsuit and all the lies. If you need more help scroll down a few pages and find my post.

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

M,

like yourself, i've yet to receive any written info about my supposed debt. and when i ask for documentation, ikea charles tells me that they have sent me "a number of letters."

yes, when someone calls to inform you - that you owe them $1000's - who wouldn't want their debt details & something more informative than, "well, because you do..."

M, i'm sure reading thru these reports you will find some helpful tips for dealing with camco. such as filing complaints with the ftc & states attorney generals office. fyi, camco was recently fined by the ftc for their collection tactics, so the ftc may still be interested.

guess we're all members of the camco club.