Complaint Review: CircuitCity.com

CircuitCity.com Internet U.S.A.

CircuitCity.com Vizio Black Friday Ripoff Scam Internet

*Author of original report: Original Writer Response

*Consumer Comment: So wait a few months

I ordered a Vizio 50" TV online on 11/24 for a great price. I never received a confirmation/delivery e-mail. Thought it was just backed up because of Black Friday. Checked my Circuit City "account" today, no mention of the order.

Called them. Thet told me the order was "denied". I asked "by whom?" They said there must have been a problem with your account, but they didn't say what account. I asked to be kicked up the chain. While I was on hold I checked with my card company. They saud they received an inquiry from Circuit City and approved it.

Next person I spoke to again mentioned a "problem with the account". I told her I spoke with the bank and they told me they approved the purchase. I asked again to be kicked up the chain to someone who could resolve this. Got to the "top of the chain" (read "you can't speak with my supervisor") they couldn't tell me why it was denied. I told her the bank O.K'd it, I ordered it, the problem must be with CC! "We don't just turn down sales", she said. I asked her to look more to find the reason. After another 10-15 min. on hold, "there was a problem with the information you entered in your Circuit City account" Now the Circuit City account is my email address and my password. I got in to the account, the name and address were correct and they checked with the bank, so what gives? "I can't give you the information as to what the incorrect information was" I asked, "If I want to place the order again, how will I know what mistake I made so I don't make it again?

She hung up!

My belief is that they had a certain number of TVs they would sell at this price ($300 less than now on their site) and I was screwed.

William
West Greenwich, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CircuitCitycom/internet/CircuitCitycom-Vizio-Black-Friday-Ripoff-Scam-Internet-222723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CircuitCity.com

Original Writer Response

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

I belong to BJ's. They had the TV.The lowest price was $400 higher than CC. The warehouses don't seem to have the ability to react the market changes. They set a price, and stick to it. I know prices will drop. Would like to get it for the family for the holidays.

So wait a few months

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

and the price will drop. Fact is, HD LCD TV prices are dropping and a few months will see that extra $300 disappear. Ditto plasmas.

You could join a warehouse club. We bought a Vizio at one May '05 and it was quite a bit less than CC and all of the rest of the "electronics chains". The warehouse clubs do accept web orders. Of course, the merchandise choices at a warehouse club 'come and go', but if you should hit a closeout as we did you can save some extra green.

I have never been 'comfortable' at CC, as well as certain other chains that appear here.