Complaint Review: Crown Toyota

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 16, 2003

• Reported By:Hesperia California
Crown Toyota
1201 Kettering Drive Ontario, California U.S.A.

Crown Toyota Put the wrong name on the finance paperwork and worded it incorrectly, lost me my car! Ontario California

December 1999, my then boyfriend at the time and I went to the Toyota Dealer to look at cars. We were suckered into buying a 1995 Neon that had a lot of miles on it already. They were told that the car was to be mine and that Andrew was the co-signer.

When the paperwork was being filled out by Joe Vickers, I noticed that my name was in to co-buyer side. He assured me that there would be no problems with the paperwork and ushered me out the door. When my boyfriend and I broke up I tried to go to the DMV to get my name as the only name on the DMV paperwork and kept asking the finance company why the bills were coming in his name. I was told that the car is in both our names in an "or" situation, so either person could have the car by DMV rules.

AND Toyota Financial said they couldn't change the paperwork, that the dealer would have to do it. I bugged and bugged the dealer for 3 days straight to change the paperwork, all within 30 days of buying the car.

We shouldn't have even been able to buy the car as we were just dating 2 months but the man who submitted paperwork said that it "looks better if you are getting married" so just go along with it.

The car should have never been sold to me or at the outrageous finance charge. I was told we would get somewhere around 9.9% and when it was said and done it was 12.9%. Talk about dirty business! I would never do business there again.

Amy
Hesperia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2003 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crown-Toyota/Ontario-California/Crown-Toyota-Put-the-wrong-name-on-the-finance-paperwork-and-worded-it-incorrectly-lost-m-69269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crown Toyota