expert

• Updated: Thu, August 13, 2009

• Reported By:New York New York
Direct Buy
2269 Saw Mill River Road Elmsford, New York United States of America

Direct Buy I was called at least 6 times to make an appointment to an open house by Amy Elmsford New York

* : I'm so glad I joined

I found the add on the internet and requested information from Amy. I explained that I was 87 years old and was interested in an area rug (not a oriental rug) and a wall unit. Amy kept calling to remind me of the apointment and that there would be bagels and coffee with the orientation.

My husband and I left for the 12;30 apointment at DirectBuy. We were traveling from Riverdale, N.Y. to Elmsford, N.Y. about 20 miles.

When we arrived we sat down with a representative of the company who proceeded to tell us that the minimum membership would be $2000.00 for three months time.

Since we were not interested in furnishing a home we told her that this was a ripoff and we never should have been encouraged by Amy when she called me and I explained that we needed a very small purchase.

Bernice New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2009 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Buy/Elmsford-New-York-10523/Direct-Buy-I-was-called-at-least-6-times-to-make-an-appointment-to-an-open-house-by-Amy-E-452751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Buy

#1

I'm so glad I joined

AUTHOR: Jacob - (USA)

I almost didn't join because I only needed a few pieces of furniture for my dining room and didn't think the membership fee would be worth it.  Thank god I took a second to think about how much I spend each year and did the math.  It all made sense once I ran the numbers, and I save at least $1,500 a year.

Also, I never though I would buy a new dishwasher this year, but mine broke unexpectedly.  I ordered a new one and had it delivered that saturday and saved $625.  The leak ruined some of the flooring too, which was 2k at Home Depot but was only $400 with Direct Buy.