Complaint Review: DirectGardening.com

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Other United States of America
DirectGardening.com
1704 Morrissey Dr. Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

DirectGardening.com Very Small Dead Plants! Rip Off is an Understatement! Bloomington, Illinois

The pictures online are great.  The plants that I received were horrible.  Direct Gardening makes you send them the original mailing label to receive replacements.  I paid $5.00 to send the label priority mail so that I could prove that they received the label, since I was told that if they did not get the label I would not get new plants.

I received the same very small, almost dead plants.  All but one died.  The one that survived does not look like it will last very long.  When I complained that the replacement plants were almost dead, I was told by their "Customer Care Agent" that I had a year to get replacements.  I sent the new "Original Label" priority mail spending another $5.00.  After not hearing from Direct Gardening for several weeks I emailed them and was finally told that they were not replacing the plants because their guarantee is from the time you receive the first plants.

I believe that their guarantee is worthless.  Having to send them the mailing label is rediculus and I believe deliberate so they can avoid replacing dead plants.

Don't let their pictures or prices fool you!  I spent $75.00 including the postage and I might get one lousy $4.00 plant to survive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectGardeningcom/Bloomington-Illinois-61704/DirectGardeningcom-Very-Small-Dead-Plants-Rip-Off-is-an-Understatement-Bloomington-I-907220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectGardening.com