Complaint Review: Directv

Directv Directv Can Steal Money From Your Bank Account El Segundo California

*Consumer Comment: Scammed as well

*Author of original report: Re: Directv, An Unprofessional Bully

*Consumer Comment: Here is the policy

Directv stole money from my bank account. This is not hyperbole. I canceled my service a few months because I was moving and didn't want cable TV anymore. They charge me an early cancellation fee for cancelling a month before my contract was up and for the single receive that I had in my apartment.

Two months go by and I check my bank account to see that there's a charge from Directv for $589.28. I called Bank of America to tell them that this is a fraudulent charge, that I never authorized the charge andthey ask me a dozen questions about my prior service with Directv which greatly irritated me because it's irrelevant how much a company, business, or individual claims I owe them. You cannot take money from someone's bank account without their authorization. I never sent a payment in that amount, I cancelled service prior, and I never use  the Auto-Pay feature for any service that I have ever done business with.

The next day,Bank of America allows Directv to steal an additional $88.39 from my account. Bank of America does even give me a temporary credit  for the two fraudulent charges. They tell me they're going to investigate, but the feeling I got is that they won't decide in my favor.

Next, I call Directv to ask them why they have taken money out of my account, that it is clearly theft. The represenative ignores my questions and asks me if I'd like to pay the balance on my account to restore service. The balance is over $700 which is completely insane.

I continued to question the represenative about how they have come to the conclusion that i owe them over $1500 for my previous Directv service which was the lowest tier package with only one receiver and why the have already stolen a large portion of this fictitious amount.

The rep says that if a customer has ever paid online with a credit/debit card, it is their policy to take the money they claim you owe them without your consent, even if you never used Auto-Pay

This is simply theft and Bank of America allows it. My bank account is severely overdrawn so I am unable to pay my bills and rent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/El-Segundo-California-90425/Directv-Directv-Can-Steal-Money-From-Your-Bank-Account-El-Segundo-California-1078219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv

Scammed as well

AUTHOR: Parleral - ()

DirecTV debited 275.00 out of my account on 08/22/2013. When I contacted their office, they all say the exact same thing "it is in the contract". Oh, you mean the contract that was verbally agreed upon that is not "signed" acknowledging my consent to the fine print terms?"

After first speaking to ebony (rude CSR), she purposefully disconnected the call. Second CSR rep, Lashonda, did the exact same thing, and last CSR, Cedric, the same thing. Finally spoke to Christy, a supervisor, who stated that she couldnt do anything to reverse my charges.

Contacted the Office of President, and they too provided a run around, until they finally agreed to waive the early termination fee and, upon receipt of the box, an additional 45.00. If you have an account with them, save yourself the headache and cancel your debit/credit card before they authorize a large payment.

Re: Directv, An Unprofessional Bully

AUTHOR: jgc79 - ()

Firstly, if you are a Directv your personal attack telling me "to grow up and stop blaming others..." is unprofessional and insulting. I'm confident that Directv's agreement with be found legally to be a void contract and fraudulent leading to class-action lawsuits. No other company I've done business with online for 15 years has ever used these tactics. Surely, your business model of theft and fraud will lead to Directv's decline,

Jason Claus

Here is the policy

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

DIRECTV significantly discounts the price of equipment and installation, so we ask you to agree to a programming commitment of 12-24 months effective when you accept and activate service. If you cancel your service or do not maintain the minimum programming requirements DIRECTV reserves the right to charge an early cancellation fee. For more information on programming agreements please visit our web site at directv.com/agreements.

This is not a fraud charge - you signed an agreement and did not live up to said agreement.  YOU are responsible for you monies and your bills so grow UP and stop blaming others for YOUR failure to maintain an agreement.