Bob

• Updated: Sun, February 13, 2011

• Reported By: Maxine Thompson — St Louis Missouri United States of America
Flagstar Bank
5151 Corporate Drive Troy, Michigan United States of America

Flagstar Bank Refused to work on a loan modification, forebearance, deferment, or making home affordable program Troy, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Where's the rip off?

I was fired from my job in 4/09. I applied for a loan modification in 11/09. Each month I was asked for the same information to be sent in. I sent all of the information requested and called on a weekly basis. I even sent certified letters to the Managers, but never received a reply from them.

I joined the organization name naca in 10/09, which included counseling. This organization submitted my web file to be submitted to the mortgage company. I called the mortgage company after the submission and I was told that they do not acknowlege this organization.

On 12/14/10, I received a letter from the mortgage company, informing me that they were unable to create an affordable payment equal to 31 percent of my reported monthly gross income (which is unemployment and a small pension), without changing the terms of my loan beyond the requirements of the Home Affordable Modification Program. I was not even offered any type of trial period plan.

I spoke with the mortgage company again in January 2011. I was told that I would have to resubmit the loan package all over again. I did, and on February 11, 2011, I received a call from the mortgage company informing me that there was nothing they could do for me concerning my loan.

I also received a civil courts summons from Flagstar concerning a "Quiet Title". I am unable to secure legal help through Legal Aid and I cannot afford an attorney. What are the taxpayers suppose to do now? What are our congress people doing about this growing problem? I know, nothing other than a sympathic ear. The public needs help now!!!!

I contacted the attorney general and few senators, and all I can get from them is, the fact that they cannot make these banks abide by the law. Why is this?????

I find this unacceptable, due to the fact that as a taxpayer, these banks were bailed out of their mess and now the taxpayer is being mistreated by these banks. How Unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2011 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flagstar-Bank/Troy-Michigan-48098/Flagstar-Bank-Refused-to-work-on-a-loan-modification-forebearance-deferment-or-making-694880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flagstar Bank

Where's the rip off?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"they cannot make these banks abide by the law" What did the bank do that was not legal? It is not a rip off if the bank is not willing to change the terms of the loan.