Complaint Review: Geekbuying

• Submitted: Sun, June 02, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, June 02, 2013

• Reported By: George — Stockton California
Geekbuying
Guocheng Garden, Baihua No.1 Road, Futian District internet, Select State/Province USA

Geekbuying (ZHE ZHANG) GeekBuying.com refuses to accept a defective item for return and will not issue refund as stated in their website return policy. Futian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong China

*Author of original report: Agreement

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Reply to Report #1085490

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Reply to Report #1055788

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 1055788

We bought a Nextway F9X tablet form Geekbuying.com with Paypal on 5/12/2013 and had it shipped to USA via DHL.The delivery was fast and we did receive the item.We were pleased with the high resolution screen of the tablet for two days until the screen of this tablet started to develop two horizontal lines right above the middle.  That was extremly disappointing.

We emailed the service department of the site about the problem and asked them for an RMA number and an exact return adddress.  We wanted to send it back for repair or exchange.

The first sign that this issue will be a nightmare occured when the Geekbuying store tried to avoid the issue by delaying to respond and then by avoiding the issue all together.  They told us to reset the tablet and re-root it to make the defect of the screen go away.  Of course that didnt work.

After a few more days and failed attempts to get an RMA number we emaill the site and asked them for a refund and a return address because first the screen developed another line and second we thought the Geekbuying store would not honor their own return and refund policy on their website. We just though these people were scamming us by now.

Three weeks are going by now with no solution to this rippoff aggravating issue.  We finnally open a dispute with Paypal.

Only then Geekbuying store decided to email us with  proposition to settle the issue!!

They offered us 15$ to forget the whole thing and go away. ??!!  WE refused and decided to finally create a report on this site and end the matter there.

We strongly advise anyone to stay away from this online store.  They are a rippoff as far as we are concerned.

We did bussiness with many Chinese stores on line and we NEVER had a problem before with any of them.

Its disgusting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geekbuying/internet-Select-StateProvince/Geekbuying-ZHE-ZHANG-GeekBuyingcom-refuses-to-accept-a-defective-item-for-return-and-w-1055788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geekbuying

Agreement

AUTHOR: - ()

Update 5/11/2016 After I wrote this report, the company and I reached a favorable agreement and the issue is totally resolved.  Great support from them.  I wish I could remove the original report.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Reply to Report #1085490

Hi Customer of 1085490

This is the aftersale sale service representative of geekbuying

As the website does not approve me leave my name and email address  to you

You can also contact us here : http://www.geekbuying.com/help/about/address/

You can also contact us here : http://www.geekbuying.com/help/about/address/

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

1055788

Hi  Customer

This is the aftersale sale service representative  of geekbuying

As the website does not approve me leave my name and email to you

So I can try my best to help you out

You can also contact us here : http://www.geekbuying.com/help/about/address/