Complaint Review: Go Doers

• Submitted: Mon, June 11, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2007

• Reported By:Rocklin California
Go Doers
611 K St N.W., Suite 1 Washington DC, Washington DC U.S.A.

GO Doers LIARS Washington DC

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They rob the workers to

feeling generous, I went ahead and listened to the spiel of a out going young man named Eugene, and after an annoyingly long description of his life and journey to find a better path in life, I found myself buying magazines just to get him off my porch. NEVER AGAIN. That was 12/19/06. After not getting any of the magazines I ordered, I called in the um "customer service line" I spoke with a very pleasant young lady who notified me that it appeared my subscriptions had been erroneously shipped to my neighbors. The address given to me did not exist. So they shipped my subscription to a non existent address? Then she asked if I still wanted my subscription. I asked if it would be possible to get a refund. She politely told me that I would first need to fill out the back of my receipts and fax to her. Strangely enough the fax machine stopped working, and then they had problems with their lines and so on. Twice they told me that I must not know how to use my fax machine. This fax issue started on 4/27/07 and continued till for over a month, every time I faxed in a the copies, they got lost or were un readable.

Finally I submitted and online complaint at the BBB in DC. The next time I called in I was transferred to a supervisor whom told me that the reason this was delayed so long was when I went to the BBB I had not put a receipt number on my complaint so she couldnt help. When I asked about all the times that I had faxed my info in, her response was "I don't want to go back wards, let's only move forwards" Ok, when can I expect my refund? "well we cut the checks on Tuesday so I will have to find out and get back to you." I am awaiting a call.

Save yourself a bunch of grief and wasted phone time, the next time a Go Doer stops by your neighborhood, DON'T BUY ANY MAGAZINES.

Joel
Rocklin, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2007 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Doers/Washington-DC-Washington-DC/GO-Doers-LIARS-Washington-DC-253717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Doers

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They rob the workers to

AUTHOR: Shameka - (U.S.A.)

I just graduste from high school in 2005 and didn't know what to do from there. I met this guy who said that i can get a job being a independent sale rep. sounded good. so i gave him my number. he called and told me to pack my things cause with this job you can travel around the U.S i was excited i wanted to travel and if i can make money doing that i'm ll on it.

they feed you with the idea that u can make it rich if you work hard enough. after getting to ohio i relized that i had to go door to door selling magazines so i said okay i will give it a try.

so i did. i made like 4 sales that day and the van pickme up and we went in after being in the heat for 11 hours. i turn in my money and all the gave me was 15$ they said you have a reach a qouta then you will get it 3months of working for them traveling working mad hours in heat i was getting hardly nothing. if you don't make any sales u get 5$ and then u will owe them.

i dacited that i was not gonna watch them get get rich off of me i confuted them and they said they will teach me how to make money. so they told me what to say at the door about being from the street and the money will help kids in the inner city. they told me to tell people i was a stipper with a son. around that time katrina happend i even heard them say tell the we are giving to katrina vitcums.

when i heard that i thought that is nice so i even gave them money for katrina but now thinking they kept that money to. we stayed in hotels but we are paying for that to they say they take that out of our money. in this company you are living for your self. the owner had nice cars homes clothes while the worker struggle just to get that 15$ at the end of the day.

the finall draw was a day in tenn. very hot day i had no money and i was knocking on door so i can get some. i knocked at this mans door and i passed out. he call the company and they sid to tell me to get back out there. at that point i said this people don't care about me.

so i left and i am doing alot better without them i graduated from nursing school, i have my own place and car and a wounderful daughter and husband. please stop this people from robbing people and the workers. no one deserve to be treated like a slave.

trim