Complaint Review: Gold's Gym

• Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Brad L — austin Texas United States of America
Gold's Gym
1701 W. Ben White, Austin, TX Austin, Texas United States of America

Gold's Gym Seems uninterested in resolving a KNOWN issue regarding theft Austin, Texas

This week, I had my locker (which was locked ) broken into.  My credit cards and SS Card were stolen. The cash and debit cards were left. The thief quickly proceeded to buy things at Nike at the San Marcos Outlet Mall and then Raising Cane Chicken in Leon Valley.  I filed charges w/ Austin Police for burglary.  Leon Valley agreed to take a report but only after I requested to speak to a detective.  San Marcos said it's Austin's case.  Luckily, the Austin PD is working with me. My complaint is against Gold's Gym.   On 1/28, after noticing the cards missing, I contacted Taylor at Gold's Gym (store 704) who stated he knew how they broke in w/o cutting the lock and he asked me to come show him which one. I did so the next day and he stated then he thought it might work that way but had never tried it. He showed me how to open a locked locker in under a minute.  I spoke w/ Minori/Manager after unsuccessfully trying to reach a Corporate manager (only hold over15 minutes, so I emailed them and she called in response to the email).  I found her to be patronizing, difficult and unwilling to help.  She only wanted to file an incident report, refused to review video footage and refused to alert other Members of the theft.  Gym theft is common according to her.  She agreed that the locker issue is a known issue that she stated she fixed in December after other problems. Apparently, this did not fix it. I told her yesterday I would wait to hear from corporate and she indicated it would be a few days. I told her this was not acceptable and I wanted to speak to them immediately. She continued her patronizing approach of telling me what SHE wanted to do to resolve this.  I left her office telling her I would wait for corporate.

Today, 1/31/2012,  I did get a call from Lisa Johnson from Gold's corporate this morning. I learned that Gold's will not tell me what the resolution is to the KNOWN locker issue and will require a subpoena to share the video footage (which still has not been reviewed despite me giving them a description) with the police and they will NOT be notifying their law abiding Members of any crimes that occur on their premises (inside or out). I will only be told that the situation is resolved but will not be told what the resolution is.  Not a great answer. It does not inspire confidence in them.  What it does inspire me to do is continue to push for resolution and to look for another gym.  It also inspires me to inform people of the risks of using their facilities and the poor treatment you'll receive if you are the victime of a crime.  Apparently, they are more concerned with their criminal members than their loyal, law abiding members.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym/Austin-Texas-78704/Golds-Gym-Seems-uninterested-in-resolving-a-KNOWN-issue-regarding-theft-Austin-Texas-1006908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold's Gym