Complaint Review: Gold's Gym

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Emily — Northridge California
Gold's Gym
112 Plaza Dr, West Covina, California United States of America

Gold's Gym Gold's Gym Keeps Charging My Card & I Don't Even Have a Membership! West Covina, California

My boyfriend and I went to Gold's Gym so he could get a membership. He signed up right away but had forgotten his debit card at home. Daniel (trainer) was helping us, asked me for my debit card just to put on file, assuring me that when my boyfriend would bring in his card, it would be changed out and I would never be charged for the membership. Eventually, my boyfriend had brought his own debit card in to change it on the account and sign his brothed up under the same account.

The card change never happened and they have been charging my card for the last 5 months, even though we told them not to. Eventually, my boyfriend moved far away and wanted to cancel the membership. He was never told of a cancellation fee and couldn't come in to canel it in-house. Later, he had physically gone in to stop payment. However, they still have not stopped payment on the account and I had never given them authorization to charge my card. For the last 5 months, I've been charged $44/month for a membership that was never mine. All managers have been avoiding my calls and emails and never fixed the issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym/West-Covina-California-91790/Golds-Gym-Golds-Gym-Keeps-Charging-My-Card-I-Dont-Even-Have-a-Membership-West-Covin-1040658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold's Gym