Complaint Review: HSBC/Beneficial

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: HSBCsNightmare — Ohio
HSBC/Beneficial
630 Grand Regency Boulevard Brandon, Florida United States of America

HSBC/Beneficial HSBC HFC foreclosure, broken agreement, broken loan modification promise, potential class action Brandon, Florida

*Consumer Comment: HSBC/HFC/beneficial

*General Comment: Exact same thing happened to me!

*Author of original report: I need sworn affidavits SOON!!

*Consumer Comment: HSBC lied to me too!

*Author of original report: PLEASE read the "Update and a Bit More" Post

*Consumer Comment: HSBC/HFC

*Author of original report: This appears to be a LIBOR rate action

*General Comment: HSBC Law Suit

*General Comment: HSBC Mortgage

*Author of original report: Please read the "update and a bit more" below

*Consumer Comment: Same thing happened to me

*Author of original report: Update and a bit more info

*Author of original report: I am doing just as you suggest

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't do class action

I am in the process of defending myself against a foreclosure complaint by Beneficial Financial I Inc. and looking for other people that have attempted to get a mortgage modification and after agreeing to a "trial 6 month loan modification" and was told that "if you completed the 6 month trial and made all the payments on time the trial would become a permanent mortgage modification and the payment would be the same as the 6 month trial payment", only to successfully complete the "trial" and discover that Beneficial would not be honoring their promise to make the "trial payment" permanent.

IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOU I NEED TO KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! PLEASE ADD YOUR STORY TO THIS THREAD!

I am currently trying to defend myself in this foreclosure but IF I CAN FIND ENOUGH PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME TYPE OF WRINGER AS I HAVE I WILL DO MY BEST TO START A CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT.

IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PROVIDE A SWORN AFFIDAVIT THAT I CAN USE TO SHOW THIS WAS A STANDARD PRACTICE OF HSBC/BENEFICIAL etc... Please let me know via this thread how to contact you and make sure you are included in any future class action.

YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH HSBC, BENEFICIAL, HFC DOES NOT HAVE TO BE EXACTLY LIKE MINE SO JUST TELL US HOW YOU WERE MISLED BY REPRESENTATIVES OF THIS COMPANY. I AM LOOKING FOR BAD FAITH ON THE PART OF HSBC, BENEFICIAL ETC...

THANKS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBCBeneficial/Brandon-Florida-33510/HSBCBeneficial-HSBC-HFC-foreclosure-broken-agreement-broken-loan-modification-promise-1045841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC/Beneficial

HSBC/HFC/beneficial

AUTHOR: duped - ()

the same thing has happened to me with unending loan modification paperwork/continual denials. Their loan process is a sham, beware of their loan officers using equity in your home for line of credit which you will never be able to repay/ they shift this loan to Velocity investments/for collection. Any questions? I have an attorney in Florida trying to figure this out/ and know the attorney general/ Iowa if these contacts will help. Be happy to provide a sworn affidavit

#2 General Comment

Exact same thing happened to me!

AUTHOR: jessieshannon - ()

I have HFC/HSBC as a Mortgage company and EXACT same thing happened. They gave me a reduced amount to pay and said if I was on time for 6 months this would be my new payment. I was so excited cause it was significantly less amount. I paid on time every month and when the 6 months was up they said they would not honour the aggreement. The woman on the phone at that time said they would not honour it as HSBC had bought HFC and they had no legal reason to honour the agreement! WHAT???? What a HORRIBLE company! I hope SOMETHING happens!

I need sworn affidavits SOON!!

AUTHOR: HSBCsNightmare - ()

As the person that, I think, started this thread of complaints about Beneficial / HSBC  I am in need of sworn affidavits VERY SOON!

At the same time I am defending myself in a foreclosure against these thieves I a also trying to get as many sworn affidavits as possible to tell how HSBC or Beneficial or any subsidiary of HSBC, lied, cheated or otherwise screwed you when you were trying to deal with them and trying to save your home.

It is important that these affidavits be an honest account of what happened and how HSBC et. al. misrepresented what they would do if you did "X". These affidavits can be hand written or typed but MUST be signed in front of a notary and then notarized. The notary must also include the date and any other requirements of their state.

If you are willing to provide a sworn affidavit see the post above titled UPDATE AND A LITTLE MORE INFO, if you read it carefully you will find an email address where you can contact me and get the address to send the affidavits.

I plan to use theses affidavits in my foreclosure fight so that they will become part of the official record so that when I do find an attorney willing to take on our class action these affidavits will already be on record in a court case.

I'm going to put my email address there in a slightly odd form and hope the site admins (who happen to be great) will allow it to remain in this post if not just look at the post I mention above. You can contact me at beneficial"theatsign"mail.com.

Please feels free to mention this to others that you khave that have been screwed by HSBC or any of their multitude of subsidiaries.

Cheers,

S.

HSBC lied to me too!

AUTHOR: I LOATHE HSBC - ()

Hello,

HSBC mortgage services did the same thing to me.  I was granted 2 six month modificaitons, then denied a third.  They verbally told me to leave my house because the sheriff could show up any day and put me, my child and all of our belongings on the street, so I left, not knowing this was unlawful.

During a surprise summary judgement hearing (immediately following an evidentiary hearing), not even the judge knew it was on the docket for the day, they presented charges for over $9000 to pay property taxes on a bill that was less than $3000.  They also presented records of payments that were incorrect when compared to my banking statements.

They presented robo signed assignment of mortgage after a lis pendens that had a bogus attorney signature on it had been filed.  They "created" an allonge with an endorsement in blank with room left on the note next to an unsigned special endorsement.

They are criminals!

Being pro se on a foreclosure case is NOT recommended.  I understand if you have NO other way.  I was in the same boat.  You  can't just lie there and let them rape you, you have to fight, even if you cannot afford counsel.  Funny how that works isn't it?  Too poor to afford someone to fight for you and no one cares enough about the injustices to get paid in the end.

PLEASE read the "Update and a Bit More" Post

AUTHOR: HSBCsNightmare - ()

Please read the post below that includes an email address if you read it carefully and then send me the details of your story.

i am trying to gather sworn notarized affidavits thHarare similar to my situation where i was promised a permanent modification if I made all the payments on time I did the didn't and now I'm counter suing in my foreclosure and if I can get enouginfo these affidavits I will try to pursue a class action.

let me know.

Cheers,

S

HSBC/HFC

AUTHOR: paul - ()

I also applied for a mortgage modifcation I was approved and told to make my 6 months trial period  payments. after 3 months i got a phone call telling me i was 3 months behind on my mortgage payments and they had no record of any modification maybe it is in there old system because they just updated!

so now i am trying to catch up but when i called the other day to send them money they would not take a payment over the phone saying my account has been blocked and he could not tell me why must be in the old system! i dont know what to do now i am sick of fighting with them they can have the house!!

This appears to be a LIBOR rate action

AUTHOR: HSBCsNightmare - ()

This appears to be a case against banks that manipulated the Lndon Inter-Bank Overnight Rate (LIBOR).

if you had an adjustable rate mortgage based on the LIBOR rate then you need to get in touch with the lawyers on this case. If you had a fixed rate or an adjustable rate NOT based on the LIBOR it might be hard to get included as part of the class.

I am going to try to get info on this case and hope it will help in mother case I am pursuing.

i should also a mention again that I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY and am trying to establish fraud and bad faith negotiations on the  part of Beneficial, HFC and/or HSBC.

My email is in one of the up dates on here so contact me with your story if you are interested.

#8 General Comment

HSBC Law Suit

AUTHOR: sam - ()

Hi, I have found out today that their is a class action law suit on HSBC Mortgage Services. It is being handled in New York. I talked with one of the lawyers today. You can find this law suit it is called annie bell adams class action law suit. They are looking for more people to join for HSBC mainly.

#9 General Comment

HSBC Mortgage

AUTHOR: sam - ()

I will gladly join a class action law suit on hsbc I have been in foreclosure for 3 years wihn no solutions... I have been looking a long time for a class action law suit.

Please read the "update and a bit more" below

AUTHOR: HSBCsNightmare - ()

PLEASE read below carefully and you'll see a thinly veiled email address that looks like this beneficial"the at sign"mail.com. OK now you don't have to read  below.

But please email me with your story and the specifics of what you went through. I have been trying to get a law firm interested in a class action and the more stories I have the better the chances I'll have. I'll also eventually need a notarized version of your story.

so contact me and I'll add you to my contact list as this progresses.

Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: Bl - ()

I have applied for hardship over and overe since 2007, been approved, then told I didn't send last payment on time, and they continued to charge interest and late eyes,causing my balance to balloon to $50000more than I borrowed

Update and a bit more info

AUTHOR: HSBCsNightmare - ()

I was offered a 6 month trial modification that would convert to a permanent modification if "you make all 6 payments on time"? I have come across many people that were promised the same thing and have started to collect names, addresses, phone numbers, contact information and details of your experience while dealing with Beneficial, HFC, HSBC and all other subsidiaries of HSBC, to begin to develop a legitimate class for a potential full blown class action, lawsuit.

This won't be easy but we must start somewhere and be serious about collecting any documents that would back up our claims. I need sworn, notarized statements that detail the experiences you, and anyone else, have had while trying to get a loan modification from any entity owned and or, operated by HSBC or any of their partners.

So, if this is something you're willing to do I need to speak with you ASAP!

Also, if you know or can find others that have been through the HSBC wringer, and lied to, promised modification that never happened or any other type of bad experience PLEASE let them know about what I am trying to do and have them contact me at beneficial"the at sign"mail.com. But understand I will need sworn, notarized statements that explains in detail their experiences while dealing with Beneficial, HFC and HSBC etc... These statements don't need to be anything fancy you can even hand write what happened to you during your dealings with Beneficial, HFC and HSBC. Just write or type what happened take it to a notary and sign it in front of the notary and then have them notarize it.

DON'T embellish your story keep it honest, simple and straightforward. Include dates, phone calls, who you talked to and any other details you feel we might need to know, BUT, keep in mind the simpler the better, and if you have paperwork that you feel supports your statement attach it to your notarized statement and include in your statement a line that says something like "see the attached documents".

That's where we are right now, and any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated! This will be a long process but the sooner we start the sooner we might get some relief from the predator know as HSBC.

I look forward to hearing from ANYONE that wants to be involved. And PLEASE pass this information along to anyone you think might be interested in this action or has suffered because of the conduct of Beneficial, HSBC, any of its subsidiaries or any of their partners. And if anyone has any information that links Beneficial, HSBC etc... to ANY other financial institution we'd REALLY like to hear from you.

Again, I urge you to pass this information along to ANYONE that might be interested in becoming part of this action. We will need a LOT of "Plaintiffs" to make this work. Also feel free to contact me with any questions or, even better, suggestions.

Thanks, S

I am doing just as you suggest

AUTHOR: HSBCsNightmare - ()

First, THANKS for your sage advice and I am doing just as you suggest.

I am counter suing HSBC as I fight my foreclosure and believe that I have seen A Lot of the same thing happening to people with an HSBC, HFC or Beneficial mortgage so I think there is a potential "class" for action against HSBC.

#14 Consumer Suggestion

Don't do class action

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If you think you have enough evidence of what they promise, sue them yourself. Don't go for a class action because you will end up getting nothing because the person who gets most everything is the attorney.

Anyway, you should consult with attorneys to see your possibility of winning the case. Check against a couple of attorneys, not only one. An attorney who is experienced in this field should be able to answer your question and give you some cases he/she did in the past. You should be able to find case detail on line to be sure that the attorney is telling the truth.

slipped