Complaint Review: HSBC-Beneficial

• Submitted: Thu, May 19, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, May 19, 2011
  • Reported By: Disrespected in — Perkiomenville Pennsylvania United States of America
  • HSBC-Beneficial
    961 Weigel Drive
    Elmhurst, Illinois
    United States of America
  • Phone: 1-800-958-2540
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

HSBC-Beneficial Beneficial Over Four Months to Approve Hardship-Not 5-10 Days like they state-and still nothing Elmhurst, Illinois

They said they will approve my financial hardship within 5-10 days. I have submitted ALL documentation that they needed. Each month I called and they said they needed more documentation. This lasted for several months. During which, I had to make full-payment because the account had to be current to be eligible. I have paid four full payments waiting for them to approve.

It appears that documentation is only good for 60 days-and YES..I was disapproved because my documentation was over 60 days.

Had they of processed the application within a reasonable time, my documentation would not of been over 60 days old. I called and they must have my account marked because the ignorance is increasing. I had Chad, customer service rep. # 30390, tell me that he spent too much time with me on the phone answering my questions. When I ask for a manager, they of course transfer me to ext. # 3026, # 3028. I do not think these belong to anyone. There is not a pre-recorded message. I did leave a message yesterday to a manager and it is over 30 hours later and still no response.

Their catch phrase is-"We don't have to offer this to you, this is a courtesy that we are doing".

This is the worse bank. I am learning through the last 6 years of dealing with them, they wrote this mortgage and it is a bad mortgage.

Steer away from them. They have closed ALL the local branches. They are not a strong financial institution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2011 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hsbc-beneficial/elmhurst-illinois-60125/hsbc-beneficial-beneficial-over-four-months-to-approve-hardship-not-5-10-days-like-they-st-731099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content