efficient

• Updated: Tue, January 05, 2010

• Reported By: Tylerrr93 — Crestline Ohio United States of America
Hewlet Packard, HP
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, CA Internet United States of America

Hewlet Packard, HP HP Sold me a DEFECTIVE hard drive and refuses to replace it! Internet

*Author of original report: HP Touchsmart should be Touchsuck

One year ago, I bought an HP IQ500 at a local Best Buy. At the time, HP had known about firmware issues with the hard drives on these computers but had decided to keep it private information. A week ago, my computer crashed. I can get it to turn on but it is unable to boot up. I contacted HP and they told me the hard drive was bad and they could send me a replace it for $300 USD. This is WRONG. I was sold a computer with KNOWN ISSUES and was not notified.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2010 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlet-Packard-HP/internet/Hewlet-Packard-HP-HP-Sold-me-a-DEFECTIVE-hard-drive-and-refuses-to-replace-it-Internet-549124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlet Packard, HP

HP Touchsmart should be Touchsuck

AUTHOR: Tylerrr93 - (United States of America)

This computer was purchased about 15 months ago. We only used it for info for work. No new hardware, software or game downloads. Now about a week ago it just quick working. After countless hours of online support work and phone calls, they have decided the hard drive is no good. Now HP knew that they were having an ongoing problem. Why even bother. Now they want to send me a new hard drive with a recovery disc, but no OS disc. It will be preloaded. Ha.... Oh yeah they also want 300.00 for a replacement since its over a year old. Now if it's an ongoing problem and you knew it, why wouldn't you replace or recall it. No, it's a year old and " It's my fault" I should have bought an extended warranty. Now tell me, if you make such great computers, wouldn't you stand behind your product. I don't replace everything I buy every year. If it is a manufacturer defect, they should take care of it. Now I will lose all my info, and a new replacement hard drive that is known to go bad...Really...does that sound like a good plan. HP needs to start thinking of the consumer and not the $.  I have purchased large screen T.V's and had them over ONE YEAR, and the manufacturer has always stood behind their product. Guess HP doesn't have those types of business ethics.