rank

• Submitted: Mon, April 20, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 21, 2009

• Reported By:somecity California
Hewlett Packard
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

Hewlett Packard NO CABLE TO CONNECT TO THE PRINTER TO THE COMPUTER Palo Alto, California

*Consumer Comment: Printer Cable? Only $1

*Consumer Suggestion: ARE YOU SERIOUSLY COMPLAINING ABOUT $4?

*Consumer Comment: Nothing new

*Consumer Suggestion: OP

*Consumer Suggestion: This complaint is hard to understand

*Consumer Comment: GO TO RADIO SHACK AND SEE IF THEY HAVE ONE OR TO SOME OTHER ELECTRONICS STORE...

*Consumer Suggestion: Printer cables

I purchased a HP Photo Smart C4480 Printer(this is my 5th or 6th HP printer purchase???).

I get it home to try and hook it up to my HP Computer. There is no cable to hook the printer to the computer. I check some info and it says USB cable not included.

I call HP technical support about the cable, they tell me to call the store where I bought it from to get it. I call the store they say it does not come with the cable about a year and a half they stopped doing it. I call HP Customer Service they tell me it does not come with the cable. I ask them how do I hook the printer to the computer, she tells me to use an older cable, I tell her I don't have one. She tells me I can purchase one for $4.00. I tell her I will never use HP again!

I tried getting a hold of Mark Hurd, the CEO of HP, I was routed to HP Executive offices.

I talk to HP Executive offices lady and asked her; what is up with the cable? She tells me on the box it tells me it does not come with the cable. I tell her I have been a long time HP Printer user so why would I expect differently? How am I suppose to use the printer? She told me she could connect me to parts and I said if I have to pay for it don't bother. I told her I will NEVER use HP products again!

I am returning the HP printer and buying another brand

Who is the "IDIOT" who made the bone-head call not including the cable(THE KEY) to connect the printer to the computer? Did it in the past, why not now?

The only way I would use HP again if they gave it to me free and make sure they include the USB Cable!

P.S. Now you have to wonder with HP Printers if you can hook it up to your computer if they give you the USB cable(THE KEY) or not? RIDICULOUS!

Donotbuyhewlettpackardprinters
somecity, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2009 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304/Hewlett-Packard-NO-CABLE-TO-CONNECT-TO-THE-PRINTER-TO-THE-COMPUTER-Palo-Alto-California-445121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard

AUTHOR: Jgracey - (Canada)

OMG - you can buy a printer cable in the dollar stores...for $1 (um, some have gone up to $1.25 Even my pro-quality printer (Epson) is connected to my computer by a printer cable from the dollar store.

Seriously? Many printers no longer come with the cables. HP has a decent quality printer. I have 3 and one is about 7 years old and still works like a charm.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY COMPLAINING ABOUT $4?

AUTHOR: Fqcs - (U.S.A.)

I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!

I know HP sucks, but you say you own 3 printers... why don'tyou don't have a USB cable? Guess what? It's your lucky day! I own like 50 of those things. Give me your address and I'll send you one. (Your local recycling center could also probably help you out.) It says no USB cable on the box. Your bad.

And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold say's so.

Nothing new

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Cables have not come with any brand of printer for years.

One of the reasons is that you are better off buying one the right length. If they supplied you a 6' cable and you needed a 9' cable you be upset over that.

Cables are cheap, just go buy one. I can GUARANTY that you will not get a call from HPs CEO

#7 Consumer Suggestion

OP

AUTHOR: Dee - (U.S.A.)

Is a moron... it SAYS NO CABLE on the box... geesh.. get a life.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

This complaint is hard to understand

AUTHOR: Burned Customer - (U.S.A.)

I am some what surprised by this complaint. You said this is your 3rd printer or so? so you never ran across this issue prior? where is the usb from that printer? You called CEOs? advice...... go to any dollar store, they sell them there.

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Maybe you can find one there?

If so, you are truly a lucky person.

So you "check some info and it says the USB cable is not included". This wouldn't happen to be the info that is printed right on the outside of the box, would it? Why are you so special that you should get a cable? It's just a USB cable that you can get anywhere for a couple of bucks. If you'd bothered to look at the box while you were in the store, you could have picked one up.

I can't wait to see what happens the first time you buy a DVD player. As you know, a cable is THE KEY to attaching it to the TV.

#14 Consumer Suggestion

Printer cables

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Not sure where you've been, but most printers these days do not come with a printer cable. Make sure you read the packaging next time to see if you need a cable. When you buy a flashlight do you get mad because some do not come with batteries and say "batteries not included" You just buy some batteries. Same thing here.

Its not a rip off, it's clearly labelled on the box of the printer.