Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Submitted: Sat, December 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, December 04, 2011

• Reported By: NYLYNLV — Las Vegas Nevada U.S.A.
Hewlett Packard

Hewlett Packard HP- Hewlett Packard HP company is outsourced. Bad customer service, bad computers. Every computer goes out after the Warranty is up! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I'm not familiar with HP laptops, but have owned other brands...

*Consumer Comment: Hey

HP computers are very bad! Every HP Laptop I had went out on me after the Warranty ran out! The one I have now is an HP-DV5 and it  OVER-HEATS and SHUT'S DOWN! The last one I had, the ports were not good and shut down my computer. I exchanged it for another one thinking that I had gotten a good one this time, but the DVD player failed to work and I had to replace it. Now this laptop with the new DVD player, OVER-HEATS!  When I called HP somewhere in INDIA, they said I would have to send  my computer to them so they could fix it for a fee of $330.00!  (Yes, the Warranty had just run out! They wanted a fee of $129.00 to renew the warranty! ) I told them that I could BUY another computer for that crazy price. Every HP laptop I bought, there was always something wrong with them. The keyboard on this one sticks as well as overheats! The one previous to this one, the MOTHERBOARD was bad and shut down my computer, completely. When I brought it to a computer store to have it fixed, the guy told me that the same thing will happen again.  The HP laptop I bought previously, the motherboard was fried! I am finished buying HP computers!!! I would like to get my money back for all the BAD computers I bought from HP! Do  NOT  buy computers from HP. It will save you money in the long run. BTW,this laptop is 13 months old!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2011 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/internet/Hewlett-Packard-HP-Hewlett-Packard-HP-company-is-outsourced-Bad-customer-service-bad-co-804621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard

I'm not familiar with HP laptops, but have owned other brands...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I've found it's important to keep the vents clean and NOT place the computer on anything that would restrict airflow. This includes placing on a carpet, towel or even your "lap" for extended periods.

Air MUST circulate freely to avoid excess heat build up and parts damage.  Heat and electronics are a bad combination.

I blow the vents out several times a year and will eventually remove the bottom and clean the rest of the interior including the fan.  IF you decide to blow dust off the fan, first prevent it from rotating as you blast the canned air at it.  Otherwise the spinning fan motor can cause damage to the fan circuitry or the fan itself.

If your current HP ran cool(er) when you got it, perhaps it's time to do a cleaning.  I aim the air tube obliquely across the  vents to minimize blowing it into the computer or spinning the fan.

I currently have a  2 year old Dell Studio 1735 and it runs moderately warm.

Good luck and if you're uncomfortable cleaning yours, find a friend who might help you.

Hey

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

Any company you buy from, you will have the same problem.  They are designed that way.  This is exactly why I build my own.

Laptops are known for overheating because most people don't use a cooling pad and run them for longer than intended.  This is especially a problem with the dual-core models.

People also don't realize that they aren't actually intended to hold in your lap.  Putting them in you lap covers the small air vents on the sides and bottom of the unit.

Unless you absolutely have to have a laptop, get yourself a desktop, they last longer.

Also, if you are serious about never buying another HP product again, stay away from Compaq, they are owned by HP.