Complaint Review: ITT TECH

itttech.edu Nationwide U.S.A.

ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE DON'T GO TO ITT! Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: To the toledo person

*Consumer Comment: I have a great future because of ITT tech

If you are considering ITT TECH, go somewhere else! The education is sub-par. Start off at a community college and transfer to a university. I worked for ITT ago and know what the students go through. When I found out my cousin enrolled there, I was able to talk him outof it before he started and showed him this site and all of the complaints. 80K for a bachelors degree from a school where the credits dont even transfer? What a joke! Employees are pressed so hard to make their quotas that they become paranoid about getting canned so they start to lose sight of their ethics to keep their jobs. The financial aid dept is forced to "package" people (ie get them enough loans to go to school with private loanrates sometimes over 20%) even if they know it is a bad decision for the students and that theyd never be able to pay the payments back with all the fees. If you are a student there your recruiter is probably no longer there because as soon as they miss their quota (ei number of people starting school) they are canned and replaced by new people who get pressured until they either quit or last another 6 months tops. They dont care about the students needs they just want them to start classes. The school I was at went through differents dept heads and deans all of the time. The job fares had 90% temp agencies hiring people, not professional companies. The good teachers and staff that work there leave when they see what greedy jackals they are. IT is a circus show joke. Go to the local cc instead!

meepbeep3454
Toledo, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2008 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITT-TECH/nationwide/ITT-TECHNICAL-INSTITUTE-DONT-GO-TO-ITT-Nationwide-309709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITT TECH

To the toledo person

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I totally agree with you 500%.

This school is a circus and I know exactly what you mean.

I live in Philadelphia area so I work for a Big three pizza place not saying which one and like they claim at the Bensalem campus that they passed a testing thing from the state and that they changed a lot of things around.

I mean like the woman in charge I guess to see if she could get students in there well we talked on the phone for 20 minutes and I told her once that contract is signed the money doesn't come back.

I explained to her that contract a legal document and that she didn't take it like that.

I told her no when she kept asking me if I was interested and I told her I am not bothering.

They try everything that they can to get people in volved. From a previous posting I told the other dude I agree with him. If enough people come on this site and see what really is going on then they won't attend.

I have a great future because of ITT tech

AUTHOR: Davsav22 - (U.S.A.)

I have read many negative reports about ITT, but I was given a wonderful future by ITT. The schools may vary by location, as I went to ITT in Arlington, TX and do not see any negative reports from that area. I will agree that the reps at ITT will tell you anything to get you to enroll, and there fees are extremely high and would totally be a rip off if you were not rewared with the employment oppurtunities they sale you on. I got a AAS degree in Electronics from ITT. We had a brand new campus and all lab equipment was up to date and I had great instuctors who had real world experience with electronics. In Quarter 1, I was able to get a entry level position at NOKIA off there job board. I worked at a factory doing quality control on cell tower equipment. I was getting paid a lousy 8.00 a hour back in 1999, but I was getting knowlege in the field I wanted to work on. Yes thank you ITT job board. When I was midway thru Quarter 5 (year in a quarter into the program) I got another job off the ITT job board. This time making 13.50 a hour diagnosing and repairing industrial fire/security systems for Simplex/Tyco Corp. Good pay but better experience in the field. Yet agian thank you ITT job board. Quarter 8 rolls around and I am 2 weeks away from graduating, ITT brngs in reps from Xerox, Dell, Burlington Northern Railroad, Hewlett Packard, SBC (now ATT), and many smaller outfits to our classes.

I took a placement tests given by the recruiters of the above mentioned companies in ITT class rooms. I was offered a entry level position at Xerox for 18.50 a hour, and by SBC for 22.50 a hour. Of course I chose SBC. I have now been working for SBC/ATT for nearly 9 years. My last years salary was around 118k. ITT taught me everything I needed to know to pass SBC placement test, and thats all that mattered. I learned everything about telecomm thru SBC schools. But if it wasn't for ITT I would never of had the chance to meet a SBC recruiter or much less been able to pass there employment test(which was very hard and full of electronic theory questions). With that said, you can't judge the company by any one person reviews. There are way to many variables for these type of schools. For anyone considering ITT, I say research and research. Good luck.