Complaint Review: Lombardi Publishing

• Submitted: Tue, May 04, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 22, 2011

• Reported By: Joshua — Seattle Washington United States of America
Lombardi Publishing

Lombardi Publishing Profit Taker PROFIT TAKER SCAM: NO REFUND EVER GIVEN, DESPITE REPEATED PROMISES, Internet

*General Comment: Lombardi rip offs

*Consumer Comment: Profit Taker

*Author of original report: Refund Received

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Company

The Lombardi Publishing Corporation's Profit Taker stole my money.  The service was not helpful (I lost money following their advice) so I quickly asked for the refund they promise before you sign up.  I received an email from their customer service department that it was being processed and would take 30 days.  Why it would take 30 days to refund a credit card...not sure. but I waited. Nothing.  So I called and no one answered.  I left a message and received one back saying that the refund was still being processed.  I waited more and nothing ever happened.  So I contacted them AGAIN. They simply responded that it was in the works. It has been much longer than promised and there is no indication that they are honest. They owe me hundreds of dollars. I suggest no one fall victim to this scam. I will be sure to report back if there is any progress and they have an explanation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2010 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lombardi-Publishing/internet/Lombardi-Publishing-Profit-Taker-PROFIT-TAKER-SCAM-NO-REFUND-EVER-GIVEN-DESPITE-REPEATED-600262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lombardi Publishing

#1 General Comment

Lombardi rip offs

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

I also tried to get their service with the similar promises, simular outcome.I didn't even get their report untill I called and askked what is going on. They offered an additional 2 months at no charge to continue to receive their service. I realized that after 60 days I would have nothing to stand on for a full refund, so I called and cancelled this time. I was told no refund except a partial for the 3 weeks I was on their books. When I asked to talk to supervision, I was put on hold, then transferred to a line that was not monitored. I did contact my CC company for a"DISPUTE OF CHARGES", they reversed the billing when Lombardi wouldn't. THANKS TO CHASE CARDS AND BANKS.

Profit Taker

AUTHOR: Spartans - (Canada)

I have been subscribing to various Lombardi Publications since the late 90’s.  Although some of their claims are grandiose I have found that over the long haul the stock picks are good.  I had increased my portfolio by 400% over the past 10 years following their advice. Granted the majority of the gains were NOT in the last two years.    I too had subscribed to Profit Taker and did find its format to be somewhat long winded (12 pages of various quotes and commentary on the week’s happenings on the market) and at the end of this there would be a list of 50 or so stocks that were in the portfolio.  It would show the stock symbol, current price, the return +/-, date it was purchased and the cost.   This newsletter does not guide you through what to buy and when.  It is up to you to track the stocks in the portfolio and decide which to buy or not.  If you are hoping to just cherry pick a few stocks and make money that is unlikely to happen.  If you buy a broad range of stocks based on the model portfolio it will generally go up.   My observations are that due to its weekly format some of the penny stocks would already “make their move” before you would start tracking.   I did make approx. 30% using this newsletter cherry picking a few stocks, however after one year I did cancel as I did not have the capital to cover the bulk of the portfolio picks.   I would agree that they are not the easiest company to contact.  However, I did get my refund in full with no issues within 30 days.   I also still subscribe to some of their other newsletters more suited to my investment style.

Refund Received

AUTHOR: Joshua N - (United States of America)

After filing the report, I informed the company.  They refunded me, in full, a few days later. I would have much rather not gone through this whole ordeal, but they did give the money back in the end.

Response from Company

AUTHOR: Lombardi - (Canada)

Customer purchased product on February 18, 2010 and requested cancellation of product on April 1 2010.Customer's credit card refund was submitted on May 3 2010, adhering to our 30 day refund policy.

Customer was refunded the full amount, even though we were only required to give a pro-rated refund. We've been in business  since 1986 and have served over 1.4 million customers and have earned an 'A' rating with the Better Business Bureau. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and try our best for our customers.