Complaint Review: Long Beach Acceptance Corp.

• Submitted: Wed, June 12, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, June 13, 2002

• Reported By:Puyallup WA
Long Beach Acceptance Corp.
Orange, California Orange, California U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Long Beach Acceptance Corp is a deceptive ripoff company that Discloses personal info to other parties not involved. Orange, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Your rights

This company takes pleasure in harrassing family and friends of mine if I am late with payment(s). They even tell them I am late in my car payment, how much I owe and intimidate them to tell how to reach me. They also tell them they are going to report the car stolen to the police and have me arrested because I am behind in the payments.

I don't appreciate confidential business shared about me to others not even a part of my transactions. My family alone is dealing with serious illness's and cannot take this type of stress and should not be hearing my problems. I never gave them info on my parents but they scouted them out in an entirely different town somehow and tried to shake them up and disclosed to them also all about me.

Furthermore, they are charging so many fees and high interest that I still owe more than the car could ever be worth or what I paid for the car and the loan is half way. My only way out is to give up the car and claim bankruptcy to get away from the intimidation and harrassment and my dirty laundry spread around town by them. I thought it was illegal collection practice to tell other people your information? Does anyone know what my rights are? (If so, please post a rebuttal)

Denise
Private, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2002 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Beach-Acceptance-Corp/Orange-California/Long-Beach-Acceptance-Corp-is-a-deceptive-ripoff-company-that-Discloses-personal-info-to-o-22611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long Beach Acceptance Corp.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Your rights

AUTHOR: anti - ()

Here is your rights, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act:
How to complain, and what kind of results you might get: