Complaint Review: McAfee

• Updated: Mon, December 31, 2007

• Reported By:Spring City Tennessee
McAfee
mcafee.com Internet U.S.A.

McAfee I used PayPal when purchasing an antivirus program, didn't like it, and never used it--now they debited my account automatically for renewal--100 bucks Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: 2 things

I work offshore, and because I could not run to the store and purchase the software I needed, I decided to purchase it online. Using PayPal, I purchased an antivirus program with McAfee. The program did not run right on my computer, and was causing me alot of problems, so when I got home I bought another program at best buy and deleted McAfee off my computer. It has been almost a year since I purchased Jan 29, 2007, and have not checked my email during the holidays--but I did check today, and they automatically renewed, and debited my account for another 100 bucks.

I have tried contacting them all day and tried using their on line chat. I have been on hold for about 2 hours today, and never got the problem resolved or a refund. The chat line tells me to call the refund number--but they never answer. I am just really irritated, and don't want to see anyone else get ripped off. I tried to tell them if I wanted another subscription, I would go on line and renew myself--and I have since contacted paypal, and instructed no further payments to them--what do you think i should do????----Antiviral

Dofthef
Spring City, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2007 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McAfee/internet/McAfee-I-used-PayPal-when-purchasing-an-antivirus-program-didnt-like-it-and-never-used-295957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McAfee

#1 Consumer Suggestion

2 things

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

#1. Their Internet Security Suite is only $69.95, not $100

#2. I don't like this either, but the renewal is automatic unless you call the customer service phone number on their website to have it turned off.

Go to their website and find the customer service number. (DO NOT USE THE ONLINE CHAT) Tell the CSR that you didn't realize the renewal was automatic and that you do NOT want the renewal.

They will refund your money.

Good luck.