Complaint Review: Merimac Capital

• Submitted: Fri, August 17, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2007

• Reported By:Belvidere Illinois
Merimac Capital
201 Main Street Suite 1000, Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Merimac Capital - Sharon Davenport - Crystal Whitehill Merimac Sells You Equipment You Can't Even Use! ripoff Fort Worth Texas

Merimac Captial talked me into leasing a wireless credit card terminal for my small sandwich shop. They said it was the next best thing since sliced bread! So I sign the 'NON-CANCELABLE LEASE" thinking I'm going to be able to take this piece of equipment out on deliveries so my customers don't have to give me their credit card information over the phone. they can just swipe their card when the food is delivered.

Come to find out, when I take the machine out on the one and only delivery I make with it. you are not allowed to make a tip adjustment on the machine! So my drivers would be delivering food for NO TIP! So I immediately call back Sharon Davenport the sales person that talked me into this and she said. "oh well. you signed the contract. that's not our problem now!".

I went around and around with her and anyone else I could speak with that (I thought) might have cared, or even given me a machine that would allow for tip adjustments. No one cared! All they wanted was their money.

So for over a year I the machine sat in it's box. never used. Yet I was still allowing the monthly charge to be withdrawn from my account.

My business closed on July 1, 2007 and I closed my bank account. I rec'd a letter from Crystal Whitehill telling me that I owe Merimac $2709 for the remainder of the lease. I explained everything to her that had happened (thinking she might care).

Guess what? She said she had no record of my conversations with anyone that I ever spoke with. She didn't care that it didn't work. told me that whatever I am telling her is just "hear-say" and that those conversations probably never happened. That it's too bad. but she doesn't care. I still owed her the money.

Merimac is a dishonet company with dishonest employees and dishonest ethics. NO ONE SHOULD EVER LEASE FROM THIS COMPANY. They are crooks!

So at this point, I don't know what I am going to do. I suppose I'll have to come up with the money somehow. don't know how.

Belvidere, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2007 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merimac-Capital/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/Merimac-Capital-Sharon-Davenport-Crystal-Whitehill-Merimac-Sells-You-Equipment-You-Can-268246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merimac Capital