Complaint Review: NCH software

• Submitted: Sat, May 26, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 30, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Homeland California United States of America
NCH software
NCH Software, Inc. 6120 Greenwood Plaza Blvd Green Internet United States of America

NCH software NCH 2 weeks after paying NCH 43.00, the program said trial period expired & I need to pay more money Internet

*Author of original report: NCH Scam

*UPDATE Employee: VideoPad Trial Period

I downloaded video editing software from NCH. During the installation I was asked if I how I wanted to pay for the program. I used my Visa credit card, entered the information and was charged $43.00. My bank statement showed the $43.00 charge and an additional fee for international transfer. It was just over a dollar extra so I didn't make an issue of it, but rather enjoyed my software for about 2 weeks. Then about 2 weeks later I opened the program and a box came up saying my 14 day trial period had expired and that I could pay them more money to activate it or close the program if I decided not to pay. I tried to contact the company, but no email, no phone and no customer service. I will ask my bank to charge it off because I was defrauded and also warn others not to pay them any money, unless they like getting scammed.

Steve Gliksman steve7277@gmail.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2012 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCH-software/internet/NCH-software-NCH-2-weeks-after-paying-NCH-4300-the-program-said-trial-period-expired-I-888652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCH software

NCH Scam

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

The NCH scam rebuttal is obviously a bold face lie, because there is no where on their website where they offer customer service. No phone #, no email, but just a phony box they want you to fill out so they can send you more spam email. They make you feel like the bad guy for giving them your hard earned money and then have the gall to complain because you expect their program to work. Think about it logically, if you paid for their software then why would they make you wait 2 weeks to put in some supposed codes to make the program work? It's an old scam, they know. Normally if you pay a company for their software they send you the codes so can insert them into the box during the installation set up, but in the case of NCS they enable the program to work 2 weeks and then discontinue working unless you live them more money. It's not the $43.00 they ripped me off for so much, but their disgusting attitude about the people they rip off. I'm the bad guy because I trusted them and paid them money for their program and they are the good guys, the victims of my harsh words. Well. I can charge this off and report them to the Internet Fraud department, but if you would rather not go through the hassle then simply do not give NCH an money. No apology, no attempt to correct this problem, but just a bunch of negative energy and making people feel bad they did business with them. Just read their response to this and it should be pretty clear how they treat people they burn

VideoPad Trial Period

AUTHOR: NCH Software - (United States of America)

Hello,

VideoPad offers a 2 week trial period. After 2 weeks you are asked three things. You are asked if you would like to upgrade to the professional version and pay, if you have already paid and can enter in the activation code that is sent to you, or if you would like to close the program. Because you had already paid for the product you were sent an activation code to the email that you used when you bought it. All you need to do is register the program with that activation code and it will be just fine. If you have lost your activation code you can go to: http://www.nch.com.au/support/ and it will walk you through the support process.

Thanks,