Complaint Review: National City Bank

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 21, 2009

• Reported By:PSL Florida
National City Bank
1320 SW St Lucie Blvd Port Saint Lucie, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 772-344-2265
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

National City Bank Victimized Port Saint Lucie Florida

*Consumer Comment: Resty

*Consumer Comment: Face it......

I was the victim of a Mystery Shopper scam. I cashed the check against my account only later to find out that the check was countfeit. When the banks Loss Prevention contacted me I immediately apologized to them and told them I would be willing to pay the money in payments. I also filed a police report. I thought that we had an understanding and was told by the Asst bank Manager to contact the Loss prevention Dept on that Friday and they would be able to prevent collections and set up a payment plan. On that Friday when I called I spoke to R----who sent me to D---- voicemail. She never bothered to call me but proceeded to withdraw ALL the funds out of both my checking and savings account inorder to make the bank whole without any regard to me the customer.When I called after receiving notice of this she said it was legal to do so And to go get a copy of agreement from the bank and hung up. They also bounced all my checks and charged me bounce check fees as well as daily overdraft fees. These are hard economic times and if any bank couldn't care less if you pay your Mortgage or any other bills then They are not the kind of bank you should do business with.

This is a bank without any scruples or compassion for anyone. Do Not Bank there Please learn from my experience. Victimized twice !st by Scammer then by National City Bank!!!

Anon
PSL, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-City-Bank/Port-Saint-Lucie-Florida-34986/National-City-Bank-Victimized-Port-Saint-Lucie-Florida-440254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National City Bank

Resty

AUTHOR: Tony M. - (U.S.A.)

Ignore Resty. He is an idiot. He obviously doesn't have an common sense. Yes, National City is a joke like most banks. I've had nothing but problems with them from day 1. I'm going back to Credit Unions from now on.

Face it......

AUTHOR: Resty - (U.S.A.)

you let greed over rule your common sense and now you're gonna pay for it...........BIG TIME.......over n over n over n over.

the bank has every right to take whatever actions it needs to in order to recover the unjustified loss that YOU caused them. The scenarios are all the same......you accepted a check from someone you didnt know for reasons you didnt know for things you didnt buy...sell ...ask for or apply for....and you thought you'd struck it rich.....or that you'd get one over on the bank by depositing a fraudulent check.

you played......now ya pay. Be grateful that you havent gone to jail over this one.....others have.