Complaint Review: National Home Protection

• Submitted: Wed, May 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 20, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
National Home Protection
42 West 38th Street New York, New York U.S.A.

National Home Protection Rip Off of Annual Warranty Fees/Not Able to Contact New York New York

I signed up for their warranty service in July of 2008. From the beginning I was having trouble them in that they never called back to tell me they were not going to honor the agreement for repairs to my bathroom toilet. After several calls, they finally sent out a repairman to fix the toilet. The problem has surfaced again, and i cannot get hold of NHP any longer...they do not answer the phone, do not respond to emails nor does Victor Hakim who was the one who sold me the service. He talked me into paying for an entire year up front, and I never received my Home Depot Card.

Second call was for repairs to my washer. The company referred me to a company that did not service where I lived and I was not able to get hold of anyone at NHP. No return of calls, no response to emails. I have paid for a year of service and cannot get service now.

A friend said to look them up on RIPOFF Report and I was sick when I found out I was scammed. Now I don't have warranty service and was scammed for over $300.00 for the service and now I am worried they will use my personal and credit card info and scam me even more.

Norma
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Home-Protection/New-York-New-York-10018/National-Home-Protection-Rip-Off-of-Annual-Warranty-FeesNot-Able-to-Contact-New-York-New-453671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Home Protection