Complaint Review: National Home Protection

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2008

• Reported By:corona California
National Home Protection
42 West 38th St. New Yrok, New Yrok U.S.A.

National Home Protection Rip off, Scam, & Fraud New York New York

April 3, 2007-I purchased 1 yr. home warranty w/ National Home Protection which I found online. I have bad experiences with the company. One service was denied due to no maintenance record, one service was left unfinished, no Home Depot gift card, no reponses to emails, never return calls, on hold for 30 minutes and will hang up. A person name Victor Hakim sent many emails selling the warranty & I sent him emails asking for my Home Depot but never replied.

October 16, 2007- I paid $45.00 fee to contractor for plumbing problem from sink & ceiling is dripping water from the Masters bedroom upstair. Made a hole in the ceiling downstair in order to fix plumbing. It was fixed but left the ceiling with the hole. I reported to NHP about the unfinished job. Told me to hire someone to fix it & I will get refund. I hired someone and spent $225.00. I faxed copy of receipt twice. I called after a week, told me a different story-will only refund $55.00 ($100.00 minus $45.00 service fee again). I asked to speak to the manager, tranferred me to a name Mike Moore who was in the meeting & I left a message. I called him several times but never call back. He's in meeting everyday! I finally spoke to an agent told me to email to Disputes. I got tired of it, so I requested to send $55.00. Will be mailed in few weeks but never came.

March 18, 2008-I paid $45.00 fee to contractor for swimming pool pump problem. My pool needs a new motor. NHP denied the service because I can't provide a maintenance record. I sent to Disputes but still denied. After that, they insisted that my policy is expiring soon and wants me to renew it! I told them, send my $225.00, do my pool service, & send my Home Depot.

PLEASE DON'T purchase home warranty with NATIONAL HOME PROTECTION! NHP has many complains but why is the business still on!

corona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Home-Protection/New-Yrok-New-Yrok-10018/National-Home-Protection-Rip-off-Scam-Fraud-New-York-New-York-331655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Home Protection