Complaint Review: NetSpend Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, July 23, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 23, 2007

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
NetSpend Corporation
501 Congress Ave Austin, Texas U.S.A.

NetSpend Corporation, All Access Travel VISA Bait & Switch: Buy more product to fulfill original promises Austin Texas

We recently purchased an All-Access Travel VISA card for our daughter, eleven, who was traveling to Europe with the People to People Sports Ambassadors for an international competition. We thought this was the perfect solution for herespecially since it indicated it was reloadable and reloadable online. We have a serious issue with the reloading process.

In the fine print on the packaging, it says any credit/debit card used which indicates that other than NetSpend accounts can be used. Additionally, the store employees told us that it is reloadable using your own VISA debit card. When we went to load my daughters card with additional money (using our debit VISA card) it said that this option was under refurbishment. We then chose to call the customer service center thinking that a website update was happening and we should be able to do our business via telephone.

While on the phone, we found out that this process is no longer an option at all and the only way to reload my daughters card was to purchase another NetSpend card and transfer funds from one card to another.

I have to say that I think this really stinks. The only way to make the card function as promised was to purchase more NetSpend products an additional $12.95 in your corporate pockets. This is a horrible way to do business. If you can imagine the scenario my daughter is in Europe, I need to get her money, and all I keep encountering is someone giving me empty promises. That is NetSpend empty promises.

I will encourage the People-to-People Sports Ambassadors Program to tell all of their athletes and parents that NetSpend and All-Access Travel do not fulfill their promises and that your company should be avoided. This really seems a case of bait and switch or very close.

Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2007 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetSpend-Corporation/Austin-Texas-78701/NetSpend-Corporation-All-Access-Travel-VISA-Bait-Switch-Buy-more-product-to-fulfill-o-262594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetSpend Corporation