Complaint Review: North Texas Tollway Authority

• Updated: Tue, December 15, 2009

• Reported By: Juanita — Austin Texas United States of America
North Texas Tollway Authority
PO Box 260928, Plano, TX 75026-0928 Internet United States of America

North Texas Tollway Authority NTTA Exorbitant Excessive Administrative Fees Internet

I was quite surprised when I received a violation invoice from North Texas Tollway Authority in the amount of $183.10. The amount of the actual toll due was $8.10 and the fees, $25.00 an instance was $175.00. Why would the State of Texas allow a contractor to effectively gouge its citizens with exorbitant excessive administrative fees like this? Its not like it costs $175.00 for them to print this notice, the first Ive received for these charges I might add and I now understand why people dont pay them and just wait for the amnesty period. Its December 2009 however the violation dates are 5/28, 7/17, 8/3, 10/9, and 11/7, did it take 7 months for them to figure out how to rip me off? I have TX Tags, I have money in my account (for those dates also) and when I called NTTA and talked to Caesar (12/14/09 @ 8:26am) he couldnt help me except to tell me that if I paid before 1/9/2010 I could pay a reduced fee of $65.85, information which was already printed on the violation notice I might add. HELLO, what part of I have TX Tags are you not comprehending, Caesar advised me to call TX Tags at 888-468-9824 because he couldnt locate my account, nor would he negotiate with me to reduce the administrative fees. Seriously where is Gregg Abbott (the Attorney General), where is the public outrage, where are our legislature to stop NTTA from charging these fees? Ive always been against toll roads, government privatization and wastes of taxpayers dollars and this is another perfect example of government allowing contractors to gouge its citizens! Do NOT drive on toll roads in Texas! Do NOT do business with NTTA!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2009 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Texas-Tollway-Authority/internet/North-Texas-Tollway-Authority-NTTA-Exorbitant-Excessive-Administrative-Fees-Internet-539619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Texas Tollway Authority