Complaint Review: North Texas Tollway Authority

• North Texas Tollway Authority
    5900 W. Plano Parkway
    Plano, Texas
    USA

North Texas Tollway Authority NTTA Forced to pay a bill on a vehicle I do not own Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: NTTA contacted me

I was sent a bill for toll violations (from NTTA) from a tollway roughly 4-5 hours from me on a vehicle I have not owned in almost 2 years. They indicate a billing period of 1/27/2017-02/26/2017.

I called to speak with NTTA and I have to say, I have never dealt with people like this.

NTTA indicated if ownership was in question, I needed to speak with DMV. I now know that this was their bluff and no matter what DMV said, they expected payment.

I spoke with the DMV on 3/9/2017 and they indicated that I INDEED submitted my Vehicle Transfer Notification on April 17, 2015 (The exact night the vehicle was sold). DMV was actually very helpful and submitted a letter with the VIN and vehicle information confirming I released ownership in April of 2015. I sent this letter along with other supporting emails proving I have not owned that vehicle in years.

They claimed DMV did not have the authority to dictate ownership of the vehicle and the tolls were my responsibility. I was shocked. They indicate that unless the title history shows the vehicle was switched prior to any alleged violation, I am responsible. DMV does not agree but North Texas Tollway Authority thinks they can over-ride them. I released ownership in 2015 per DMV.

After re-reading the DMV letter to the employee (A man named  Michele) three times which states, "If a citation or toll-issuing authority contacts you for parking tickets, toll charges or other violations associated with the buyer's use of the vehicle, please provide them with a copy of this letter to verify you are no longer the responsible party.", he said it is STILL not valid. I requested he speak with DMV regarding this matter and he said he would not be able to do so. I asked to speak to a supervisor three separate times- I was denied this as well.

This is a terrible way to treat people no matter what position of authority you think you are in. I was told my only option was to pay the violations on a vehicle that is not mine, or they will add fees for being late on payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2017 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/north-texas-tollway-authority/plano-texas-75093/north-texas-tollway-authority-ntta-forced-to-pay-a-bill-on-a-vehicle-i-do-not-own-dallas-1361478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

NTTA contacted me

AUTHOR: - ()

I was contacted by a NTTA employee after posting this and was told I should be issued a refund on payment. I will update once a refund is received.