Complaint Review: Onlingo

• Submitted: Sat, September 10, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, September 14, 2005

• Reported By:Glendale California
Onlingo
onlingo.com San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Onlingo Language CD's ripoff customers. Impossible to cancel account. San Francisco California

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

An order for Spanish Language CD's was accidentally placed to Onlingo.com from my computer. I immediately tried to contact the compnay to cancel, but the phone number given is only a recording telling you to go online to customer service.

After multiple emails, my paypal account was still charged $66.90 for a monthly fee (and I also never received any CD's for the charge). Paypal was wonderful and I got my money back, but LESS than a month later, they attempted to do it again.

Onlingo was also charging my paypal account misc. $1.00 charges every few days. I had to cancel the card I was using and have it re-issued, but at this point Onlingo was attempting to get money out of my paypal account on a daily basis.

I have documented my efforts to cancel my account very well, and when I do get an email response from onlingo (not very often), they never acknowledge cancelling the account. Please beware of this company. It is a TOTAL scam!

Victoria
Glendale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2005 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onlingo/San-Francisco-California/Onlingo-Language-CDs-ripoff-customers-Impossible-to-cancel-account-San-Francisco-Califo-156635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onlingo

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Onlingo - (U.S.A.)

Victoria:
This is Onlingo Customer Service. We just saw this note. We are sorry that you had problems with our Customer Service. We have both an 800 number and accept in bound emails for Customer Service. We also have a website that you can visit to cancel a subscription which takes less than one minute.

All of that said, it still sounds like we dropped the ball on this one and would like to help you out. Please contact us by sending an email to support@onlingo.com and we will work with you on your concerns.

Onlingo Customer Service