Complaint Review: Palisades Collections

• Submitted: Tue, December 12, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 12, 2006

• Reported By:Northern Virginia
Palisades Collections
87 S Commerce Way Suite 700 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Palisades Collections - AT&T wireless ripoff Bill From 2000-2001 written off Bethlehem Pennsylvania

I've been fighting this for months. Palisades claimed I owed $123.00 for a AT&T cell phone from 2000-2001. I never rec'd a bill for this. It just showed up on my credit report. I fought it off!

I rec'd a bill about a month ago from a different collection agency- Allied- asking me to pay $75 of this within 30days to settle. I called this other agency, and asked what it was for etc...she said it was from Palisades and wasnt sure exactly for what.. So I said I wasnt going to pay it esp if it was already on my credit.So I called Palisades...was on hold forever...hung up called back on this number: 866-230-8094 Finaly after pressing 4 for the 'other' opt..I got someone.. I asked what the $123 was for exactly. I was very nice to her... She said an AT&T cell from 2000-2001, I said OK...what is the $123 for, can you give me the bill or dates this $123 was past due for? She said hold on...a few minutes went by and came back..said this " We will just write this off..We cant retrieve the documents for this so I will write it off your credit report" I asked how long will this take to remove, she said they sudmit the reports weekly..I guess I will run my credit report again in a month to make sure it is off. PLEASE do not pay anything they claim you owe, ASK for proof..If they can not give it to you, its required they take it off.

FIANLY!!!

Karen
Northern, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2006 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collections/Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-18017/Palisades-Collections-ATT-wireless-ripoff-Bill-From-2000-2001-written-off-Bethlehem-Pen-224995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collections