Complaint Review

35A Rust Lane Boerne, Texas U.S.A. Phone:
800-545-0157
Category:
Collection Agencies

Pentagroup Financial Pentgroup demanding payment on REALLY old debt Boerne Texas

I got a letter from Pentagroup demanding payment for a CC that I had, perhaps, 10 years ago. The letter states that the current creditor is Pinnacle Credit Service, and that the original creditor is Household Bank. I am invited to call speak with one of their "courteous and friendly representatives."

Obviously, the SOL has long expired. I suspect this is one of those outfits that trolls for old debts (and I mean OLD) in hopes of recovering.

Given the SOL, should I even bother responding? (In writing, of course.) If I do, would the normal dispute letter serve, or should I simply point out that the SOL on this account expired long ago?

Thanks!

itsasecret
the beautiful inland northwest, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2008 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pentagroup-Financial/Boerne-Texas-78006/Pentagroup-Financial-Pentgroup-demanding-payment-on-REALLY-old-debt-Boerne-Texas-320712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pentagroup Financial