- Report: #229619
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Richmond American Homes
Richmond American Homes849 Levoy Drive #100, Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
Richmond American Homes Poor workmanship, no customer service skills, no follow-up, very high prices for up-grades that are done poorly. Salt Lake City Utah
*Consumer Comment: what does your Realtor/attorney say?
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I will mention at least a few of my problems and I do this because we moved in on October 1, 2006 and have had many problems and cannot get Richmond to respond to them neither can others. They are more interested in telling you whatever they have to get you to sign the dotted line and deal with problems later (they actually don't deal with any). I actually did the finale cleaning on my own the day we moved in because they did not do it. The home was a mess and I have video and pictures to prove everything. We have faxed, mailed, emailed, and called numerous times trying to get problems fixed to no avail. Here is a list of my problems:
1. I found that I have no insulation above the Master bedroom, bathroom, closet, and front living room. Thay are fixing this.
2. There is a crack over 3 feet long in our great room. No one will come and fix it.
3. After the tile was installed and grout put in the painters came and worked on the main floor. The sanding dust settled on the grout and has discolored it. Richmond keeps making promises to fix but has not.
4. Sheetrock mud is still on carpet.
5. Tile is coming loose from floor. They did not put backer board down on the sub floors to lay tile onto. They used a cheap plastic material and tile is coming up in several places.
6. Paint is still on tile.
7. Several base boards were not sanded just painted over.
8. Richmond has fixed my back deck temporarily.
9. Weather stripping is missing off the front door.
10. Paint is peeling in several places.
11. The paint job is horrible. We painted the base boards in our previous house and did a better job than Richmond did on ours.
12. Garage door threshold is coming up.
13. Paint bubbling up, and sloppy they actually came for two days to fix paint problems, but didn't fix everything now they just tell us this paint job is the best they can do.
We have waited for months to get our problems taken care of with no follow-up from Richmond American (John Holbrook, Jeff in warranty). We have come to this so that others do not fall into this same trap with them.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2007 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richmond-American-Homes/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84123/Richmond-American-Homes-Poor-workmanship-no-customer-service-skills-no-follow-up-very-h-229619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.