Complaint Review: Ryder Truck Rental

• Updated: Sun, March 17, 2002

• Reported By:Ore City Tx
Ryder Truck Rental
Nationwide U.S.A.

DO NOT TRUST RYDER WITH YOUR POSSESSIONS, OR THEIR EQUIPMENT *UPDATE check is in the mail!

*0: check is in the mail!

ON February 22,2002 I rented a 24' moving truck & a car hauler to pull my car on. Was moving my wife from here in Texas to South Georgia. I rented this from Ryder,in Longview Texas at 102 Gilmer Rd. Phone # (903)757-2469.

The people at Ryder connected the trailer to the truck & sent me on my way. I checked the chains & the hitch to make sure they were connected before I left out & loaded my car rught there.WE loaded the truck & left out.

Once I was in Missippi, I went over a bridge ,checked my mirrors,by now it was dark,when I looked in the mirrors I saw sparks flying. I eased the truck over to the shoulder.Went to the trailer & saw that it had come of the truck, because the nut that holds the triler ball on the truck had come off,apparantly from NOT being tightened with a wrench & went UNDER the rear of the truck, & my car was into the rear of the truck.

I called the police to make a report & called ryder roadside assistance to report it to them. they sent a repair guy out & he could not get a ner ball untill Saturday morning. Saturday they replaced the trailer and the hitch ball, I loaded my car on the trailer & was moving again.

I made the rest of my trip successfully, THANK GOD!! But when I called Ryder customer service today, to get my car repaired & to get reimbersed for the meals & hotel room, they told me that they would not pay for any damages nor anything else.T

he damage to my car was probably only about $3000, plus I missed work on Monday ,since I lost a night in missippi. They told me that since I had 2 adults & 2 children in the cab of the truck, on a bench seat,that they would pay for NO damages, then when I asked for their corporate address & phone # they said"we dont have that information" another lie from them.

What this tells me .Is that when they are negligent, they do not want to hold up their end. As I see it, haveing 4 people in the cab of the truck ,had NOTHING to do with they triler ball coming off of the truck & damaging my vehicle.

Joe
Ore City, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryder-Truck-Rental/nationwide/DO-NOT-TRUST-RYDER-WITH-YOUR-POSSESSIONS-OR-THEIR-EQUIPMENT-UPDATE-check-is-in-the-mail-15333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryder Truck Rental

#1 0

check is in the mail!

AUTHOR: - ()

Thankfully Ryder has an independant insurance carrier. On or about Feb 27th, I recieved a phone call from Ryders insurance carrier, who informed me that they would in fact repair my car, & would have an adjuster contact me the next day.

They did contact me, set up a time, & looked at my car, and two days later had a settlement faxed to me, for all the repairs that they found, as well as money for a rental car, while my car was being repaired!

As of now, I ma still waiting on the check, but do feel that it will be in my hands this week. As far as Ryder paying for my lost wages,motel, & expenses that I incurred, while waiting on the truck to be repaired, well I can just write that money off! And as I said before , My best advise would be to rent a truck from ANYONE but Ryder!!!!!!!