volunteers

• Submitted: Wed, December 04, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, March 14, 2003

• Reported By:Royal Palm Beach Florida
Stainsafe Companies
354 Hiatt Drive Palm Beach Gardens, Florida U.S.A.

Stainsafe Companies Leather Masters A Furniture Service Industries Warranty Ripoff Palm Beach Gardens Florida

*Author of original report: I have resolved the complaint, but NOT through STAINSAFE.

In July 2001, we took delivery of a three-piece leather ($6000) living room set we purchased from Burdines in South Florida. At the same time we purchased a product warranty through "Burdines" with "STAINSAFE".This warranty was touted as covering almost every stain, tear and loss of cushion resiliency for 5 years.

I now have a problem with that vendor. They have refused to honor the warranty. They have changed their reasons and modified the pertinent facts every single time we have contacted them. On three (3) different occasions their customer service associates have refused to transfer us to or to have a supervisor join the conversation so we might resolve this impasse.

In October 2002, we contacted Stainsafe about a slight discoloration on the seat of our sofa, a slight tear and the almost complete breakdown of the cushion resiliency. Their tech came to our home and said the discoloration was a dye transfer from jeans and the tear was only on the leather, not through the backing, so neither was covered by the warranty.

He fluffed the cushions and left but after sitting on the sofa for a day, they returned to their poor condition. Burdines customer service has also been less than helpful. Their attitude is we got our money now you can deal with Stainsafe yourself. As far as I am concerned, this is a fraud. I have purchased a warranty for 5 years costing over $220 that is utterly worthless.

Vern
West PalmBeach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2002 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stainsafe-Companies/Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida-33418/Stainsafe-Companies-Leather-Masters-A-Furniture-Service-Industries-Warranty-Ripoff-Palm-Be-37139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stainsafe Companies

I have resolved the complaint, but NOT through STAINSAFE.

AUTHOR: Vernon - (U.S.A.)

I went back to the retailer ( Burdines of Florida a sub of Federated Stores) where I had purchased the furniture and also the warranty.

I had contacted Burdines several times over the telephone trying to get them to asist me with Stainsafe, but I never received a positive result.In fustration, I wrote a detailed letter outlining my problem and my difficulties in trying to deal with Stainsafe.

I also reminded them of their great track record in customer service. In fact, that is exactly why I bought from them in the first place, even though it cost me a little more.
( documentation was the key ) I sent the letter to the corporate office of Burdines.

Burdines investigated my complaint. They decided to offer me a resolution to this situation since Stainsafe wouldn't co-operate. They stepped up to the plate and paid to professionally clean the sofa, redye the stained areas and restuffed the cushions. They also refunded all of the unused portion of the warranty with Stainsafe.

I will forever be a Burdines customer but I would say that any individual who does busines with Stainsafe is very follish and wasting their money, what with all the complaints that have been filed just on the internet about their poor customer service.