Complaint Review: Suntrust Bank

• Submitted: Fri, August 15, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 15, 2008

• Reported By:Roanoke Virginia
Suntrust Bank
suntrust.com Vinton, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Suntrust Bank NSF fees. Vinton Virginia

I've banked with Suntrust for 20 + years. In the last year I have been hit with several NSF for being overdrawn. Being overdrawn is not a personal habit of mine. I have been charged $245.00 NSF this month alone. I feel its pointless to argue with the bank. I am taking my business elsewhere.

Another problem I have with Suntrust is automatic debiting. I have a scam company debiting almost $40 from my account monthly. Suntrust told me they can put a stop payment on the debit for a $35 fee but they can not guarantee that the debit will stop. If the company debiting from the account changes any information in their debit such as their company name, $$amount or even the date Suntrust is powerless to stop it. Yet they gladly let it clear when they have already caused the account to be overdrawn to collect an additional $35 NSF fee. After I had discussed this matter with them. I sent the company in question a certified letter requesting they stop debiting my account. I haven't received notification that they received the letter but they did change the name and submitted the debit 2 weeks earlier than previously.

I have also been paying bills online with my account. There were a couple of times when the bills were paid late and I had to pay those companies late fees also.

Roanoke, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2008 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-Bank/Vinton-Virginia-24179/Suntrust-Bank-NSF-fees-Vinton-Virginia-363412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust Bank