Complaint Review: Symantec

• Submitted: Tue, May 13, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 13, 2003

• Reported By:Stratford Connecticut
Symantec
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino CA 95014 Cupertino, Connecticut U.S.A.

Symantec Norton Internet Security 2003 Downloaded Norton Internet Security 2003 on 10/18/2002; have not received promised $30 rebate. ripoff fake consumer fraud ripoff Cupertino California

Relying on information from USA Weekend, 9/13-15/02, I downloaded Symantec's Norton Internet Security program which offered a rebate.

I immediately submitted a downloaded rebate form for $30 along with all the required information on 10/18/02 to the Symantec address.

When I had not received the rebate by 1/22/03 I contacted Customer Service; I was told to resubmit the information. I did so immediately.

I have contacted Customer service again on 4/18/03, 4/22/03, 4/23/03. On 4/30 Customer Service returned my calls and told me my check had been mailed on 4/3; if I did not receive it by 5/3 I was to call 1-888-314-9903 and they would immediate 'cut a new check.'

Not having received the check by 5/6 I recalled Customer Service and explained the situation. A Debbie Clark, very politely, resubmitted information and finally told me I would receive the rebate with six weeks.

This is ridiculous. After reading the 4/17/03 article in NY Times regarding 'excuses for rebates' tht never arrive - I realized that Symantec must be trying that thievery and want to warn others of dealing with that company.

Billie
Stratford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2003 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec/Cupertino-Connecticut-95014/Symantec-Norton-Internet-Security-2003-Downloaded-Norton-Internet-Security-2003-on-10182-56713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec