Complaint Review: TARGET STORES

• Updated: Mon, July 21, 2014

• Reported By: Erin — Glenwood Springs Colorado
TARGET STORES
Nationwide USA

TARGET STORES UNKNOWN BEWARE OF USING CREDIT CARDS OR CHECKS FOR PURCHASES AT TARGET!! Nationwide

As everyone knows, Target was the target of a major computer hacking that reaped millions of credit card numbers. First, Target pretended to provide a one-year FREE ID Protection for everyone who applied.  I applied.  I received no response whatsoever nor did I receive a free anything.  So, I started only writing checks for purchases at Target.  I had been living in another city within the same state for the past 8 years and I started writing checks at the Target store in Glenwood Springs.  No problem.  However, I recently moved and wrote a check at the local Target store in my new town and THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT MY CHECK!!  I provided my driver's license.  The honchos at the headquarters refused to accept my check.  I had to pay with a credit card, which I may now need to delete and reapply for a new credit card number so I don't get hacked via Target.   So, Target gets hacked, promises ID Theft Protection but never provides it, and refuses to take anything except credit cards or (maybe??) CASH!!   As much as I have resisted going to walmart, it looks as if that is now my alternative.  GOOD RIDDANCE TO TARGET!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TARGET-STORES/nationwide/TARGET-STORES-UNKNOWN-BEWARE-OF-USING-CREDIT-CARDS-OR-CHECKS-FOR-PURCHASES-AT-TARGET-Na-1163724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TARGET STORES