Complaint Review: TLG*GREATFN

• Submitted: Sat, September 06, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 08, 2008

• Reported By:Flower Mound Texas
TLG*GREATFN
100 Connecticut Ave. Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

TLG*GREATFN TLG GREATFN who are they, and why did they take money from my bank account! Norwalk Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: TLG= Trilegiant

Last night my wife checked our account and noticed that our debit card had been charged $12.99 by a company named TLG GREATFN. Neither of us could account for this charge. This morning I went online to research this company, and discovered these posts in Rip Off Report.

Once I realized that this was a scam, my wife went to our bank and canceled her debit card. I have to thank the folks who took time to post their experiences with these idiots. Like others who posted, we also have made purchases online. At no time did we ever agree, or acknowledge to fork out $12.99 a month to TLG. At times like these when the economy is in the shape it's in, these thieves have nerve to think it's ok to invade our privacy, and strip money from our pockets. My wife and I filed complaints with the Texas Attorney General's Office, and the Federal Trade Commission. Monday morning we intend on also contacting the Connecticut Attorney General's Office. Will any of this make a difference? I honestly don't know. All we can do is try, and encourage others to do the same.

Txcode1
Flower Mound, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2008 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TLGGREATFN/Norwalk-Connecticut-06850/TLGGREATFN-TLG-GREATFN-who-are-they-and-why-did-they-take-money-from-my-bank-account-No-370419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TLG*GREATFN

TLG= Trilegiant

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

And they have been fined over $14 million dollars for doing it to.

The Today show did a feature on them a few weeks ago.

Did your online purchase offer taking a survey to save $20.00 on your order?

I did an online purchase yesterday and I was offered the chance to save $20 by completing the survey - It did say that by completing the survey that you would be signed up for membership program. The one they were selling was Passport4fun

I made a note on my print out that I specifically chose NO THANKS to the survey but I do not expect it not to hit my credit card bill. This group will probably sign me up anyway.

These are absolutely worthless membership programs that no one wants, so they just sign you up anyway and hope you do not notice the charges.