Complaint Review: Target

• Submitted: Wed, January 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, January 28, 2012

• Reported By: tessk1783 — Centreville Virginia United States of America

*Consumer Comment: Sure things, are not always better.

*Consumer Comment: "Mirrored Console Table"

On November 9th, 2011 I ordered the "Mirrored Console Table" that you can look up online right now (and see it says "In Stock"!!) and originally was given a shipping date of later that month, about a week and a half out.  When I logged back in two weeks later to check on the shipping, it had pushed the shipping date out by another week.  Then ANOTHER week.  So since this table was a gift to my best friend, who I had already showed the order to, I was anxious to get it.

I called the internet ordering "help" line, spent 45 minutes on the phone with the rep who ran me around in circles until steam was coming out of my ears, told me there was nothing that could be done, it would ship when it stated online, then HUNG UP on me when I asked for a supervisor.  I was so irritated I decided just to wait to call back again, hoping I wouldn't have to...

When it went another few weeks and kept getting pushed back, called again, was hung up on AGAIN, called back got a supervisor, and he advised it was backordered and would DEFINITELY be in 1/5.  He matched the online price at that time to try to pacify me.

Here it is 1/25 - NO TABLE, and the order says delivery is pushed back AGAIN - this time it said shipping was 1/18 - 2/5.  I freaked out, called the service line again, got hung up on by a rep AGAIN after asking for a supervisor, and called AGAIN and spoke with a supervisor then a manager.  Mind you, you check for the "Mirrored Console Table" on the website and (THIS WHOLE TIME!) it's said "In Stock"!!  First he tried to tell me that the item was on "backorder" then after I unloaded the whole story, changed it up really quickly and said, "Oh I see it in our system and it's available, I can offer you 'expedited' shipping."  Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME????  It's been THREE MONTHS!!!!  I've had to call at least 6 TIMES!!!

I am so SOOOOO irritated with Target right now - they refused to do anything else, told me it was a "system error" that my order has gone on this LONG and that the only thing I could do is re-order.  I swear, if I hadn't already told my best friend that she was getting this "gift" and she wasn't counting on it and wasn't so d**n picky, I would LOVE to CANCEL the order and tell Target to f off.  But I have to get this particular table, so I will do this "re-order" and then NEVER EVER ORDER FROM TARGET EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Target/internet/Target-wwwtargetcom-THE-ABSOLUTE-WORST-ONLINE-ORDERING-EXPERIENCE-EVER-Internet-828332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Target

Sure things, are not always better.

AUTHOR: Sheryl248 - (United States of America)

November to indefinite, is a long time to wait. Perhaps never.

There are some products that have a big demand. Search for the next best thing, which could really be the best. Target is just words without action, just making you wait, and when it become available could increase the price, therefore waiting or going some where else is your only option.

Search Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others. If I suggest somewhere it might soon be unavailable too.

Target is not concerned about facts, perhaps. I have seen other places, explain things far better.  Their just collecting people, for people to seem to trust what they write, just expecting miracles, which could leave you with or without.

Its hard with Employees too, they went paperless, expect employees to use the computer to input information, yet the password they give rarely works for some people. They give awards that are never delivered to some people, there is evidence it happened, try to explain it and get no action from someone. The proof is in the facts, it does happen.

"Mirrored Console Table"

AUTHOR: MLS582 - (United States of America)

I see it too, and quote what they wrote:

Get your stuff without the fuss

Shopping at Target.com is quick, fun and simple. Whether youre a new guest or a longtime fan, everything you need to know about ordering, shipping, tracking and pricing is right here.

This item is in our warehouse awaiting your order to be prepared and packed!

Curious when this item will get to you? Delivery estimates and shipping methods are available during checkout. [That is right must login to see that, not sure if its only available, if paid for]

Deliveries are exciting, aren't they?

View shipping options, charges, guidelines and restrictions on the orders & shipping page in our help section.

I searched with Google, or bing, or yahoo - If you need a solution I found this:

Southern Enterprises CM9163R $202  http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/southern-enterprises-cm9163r-mirage-mirrored-two-drawer-console-table-567735.htm