Complaint Review: Tom Thumb

*Author of original report: Tom Thumb is False Advertising

*Author of original report: Tom Thumb is scamming us

*Consumer Comment: Question

*Consumer Comment: Show your reciept

I tried to email the store and it kep saying server error on their website.

Here is what I wrote.

Sadly I wasted to much time over the last two days trying to figure out my receipt and your false advertising.

I went into the new 5550 FM 423 Frisco, TX 75034Tom Thumb to purchase some wine that is being advertised in your stores for 10% off six bottle or more plus  an additional 30% off $20 bottles or more.   When I checked out my receipt was not reflecting the correct amount.  I went to customer service for a wasted 20 minutes to have three managers try and figure out why the 30% was not reflected.   I ended up leaving only to go online and find others who had this problem.   When I returned to the store the next morning to return the 10 bottles of wine the manager of the customer service must have just rolled out of bed because he could care less that i was there and he definitely didn't care why i was returning the wine. [continued below]....

.....   I asked for the store manager and when Mr. young arrived I explained that this is false advertising.    I showed him my receipt and he didn't know why the discount was not applied.   After doing my research I explained to him,    No where in the store or on the ads in the store does the 30% say off original white sticker price.  I took pictures of the banners as well as the labels under the wines just to double check and make sure that i wasn't missing something.    The manager said " well I am not marketing but thank you for sharing."

Well, thank you for letting me waste my time and driving to another chain where service seems to matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tom-Thumb/frisco-Texas-75034/Tom-Thumb-Tom-Thumb-Grocery-frisco-Texas-1100557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb is False Advertising

AUTHOR: Tman - ()

NO!   Your are wrong.   Have you been in a store lately?    The banners that are over the cash registers say 30% off wines over $20 and 10% off six bottles or more.

It is misleading.  It makes people think they are getting 40% off the sticker price of the higher priced wine.

Also, lets not forget that 4 (four) managers in the store had no clue why the 40% was not taken off at the register.  Basically they were as confused as the customers.

I am sorry that you can not see this but it is a scam.   There is NO visable language on the signage that says 30% off the white label.  Your signs clearly state 30% plus 10%.    It doesnt say in large print or small print that the 30% is already taken off the grossly inflated white paper number that nobody would ever pay or anyone even charges.     NO WHERE!  NADA!

Instead of mocking my complaint try looking at the facts.   Or simply correct the matter.

Tom Thumb is scamming us

AUTHOR: Tman - ()

Yes I used my Tom Thumb card.   That is why I wrote this!

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Did you use your Tom Thumb Rewards card?? If not then you are not entitled to the discount. The picture you posted clearly states that only those who have a card receive the discount. Just a example.

Beringer  $4.99 ea. 750-ml. Selected varietals. MIX & MATCH
Single Bottle Price 4.50 ea Card Price WHEN YOU BUY 6 OR MORE. CARD PRICE when you use your Tom Thumb CARD

Show your reciept

AUTHOR: Go4Gold - ()

The pricing on the ticket is clear.  The original price is $34.27. The club price is 30% off. ($34.27 x 30% = $10.28 from $34.27 is $23.99.  If you brought 6 or more bottles, you will get an additional 10% off. ($23.00 x 10% = $2.30 from $23.99 is $21.59.

So what did you pay?  Take a picture of your reciept and show us what you pay.  Maybe we can figure it out.