• Report: #207150

• Submitted: Mon, August 21, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, August 21, 2006

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
Unifund CCR Partners
10625 Techwood Circle Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Unifund CCR Partners trying to get me to pay a debt that is not mine and they have ruint my credit report Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Don't trust him

I was served with court papers out of the blue from this company. They say I owe 1,700 dollars I sent them a validation letter because this account just does not ring a bell with me. I called there attorney Mr.Singer I told him I found the account that they say I owe and it is paid in full on my account the only thing about me owing any money is what Unifund themselves put on my report.

I told Mr.Singer this information and he told me that credit reports are not reliable and I cannot go by that.So I also informed him that this account his company put on my credit is due to be completely removed from my credit in a year and I mentioned the statute of limitations for credit card debt in the state of Florida being 4 years and he informed me that was not true the Statute of Limitations starts from the day it is filed in court.

So I asked him how can you buy my account when the company you bought it from says I owe nothing and is a positive on my credit. He told me it was my choice but he asked for an extention on our court date which is suppose to be this Thursday August 24th ant 10:30am. After I talked to him I found that the account number I have on my account they say I owe and the account number they have are not identical the first 8 digets match but the last 8 dont. The account is not even mine.

Rachelle
jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2006 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unifund-CCR-Partners/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242-2846/Unifund-CCR-Partners-trying-to-get-me-to-pay-a-debt-that-is-not-mine-and-they-have-ruint-m-207150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unifund CCR Partners

Don't trust him

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

I wouldn't take his word that he has an extension on the court date. He's counting on you not showing up. If you can prove the mistake with the info you have, you should have problem beating him in court. If you can't check your court's schedule via the net, call the clerk's office to verify the hearing date.

Above all, don't trust him. He isn't looking out for you.