• Report: #1171930

• Updated: Sun, August 24, 2014

• Reported By: tom — Jacksonville Florida
Verison wireless
Nationwide USA

Verison wireless Ran up usage time which caused $240 fee by using my AOL phone acct. Jacksonville, Florida

Just got new Samsung Galsxy s5 phone through Verison.

I think Verison has ran up my usage time through my AOL account.  It is the only app. that had the 8 megabyte usage fee.  $240. was added to my first bill..  I've spent a few hours on the phone with reps. and at the Verison store.  They are supposedly doing an investigation.  Its a lopsided situation whereas they can't show you what the $240 bought.  The only app. that used the time was the AOL acct. and I think Verison engineered it from their end to get revenue from a new unsuspecting customer.  I got no notices of high usage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2014 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verison-wireless/nationwide/Verison-wireless-Ran-up-usage-time-which-caused-240-fee-by-using-my-AOL-phone-acct-Jack-1171930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verison wireless