Complaint Review: Vida Vacations

• Submitted: Sun, February 19, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 19, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Vida Vacations

Vida Vacations Mayan Hotels Do not trust Vida Vacations Mayan Hotels sales reps in Airport, they promised, took my money, forgot about me. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Can I get out of this?

*Consumer Suggestion: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

When my wife and I arrived to Cancun Airport, we were approached by Vida Vacation / Mayan Hotels sales representative. He was polite, helped with taxi and offered the tour to Mayan Hotel in Cancun just to get familiar for the future vacations. For our time he offered 2 Chichenizza tickets for $40.00 and present in the Hotel. We payed $40.00 USD and scheduled out pick up from the Hotel we were staying. His name was Ignacio Garcia Cruz.

Two days later, we were waiting for Ignacio at 8:30 am in the place we agreed. After 45 minutes waiting we realized that he is not coming and we are loosing our vacation time.

During next several days, I contacted Vida Vacation Cancun office (998) 802 10 42, discussed my disappointment with Esau over the phone, but no any actions were taking to fulfill there promises or refund me.

I will never talk to sales people in any airport in Mexico and recommend all tourists to learn from my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 03:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vida-Vacations/internet/Vida-Vacations-Mayan-Hotels-Do-not-trust-Vida-Vacations-Mayan-Hotels-sales-reps-in-Airpor-841632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vida Vacations

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: VickyF - ()

I bought aMayan Palace timeshare in my early 20s and it was one of the worst financial mistakes I ever made. I never intended to buy it, but I cannot suckered into going to a presentation to get free show tickets when I was in Puerto Vallarta. The high-pressure sales person convinced me to sign on the dotted line, and I ended up with a timeshare. It was one of the hardest things to get rid of, and I lost about $20,000 in the process. It was an expensive lesson learned.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Can I get out of this?

AUTHOR: Russ - ()

I gave a deposit 3 weeks ago...can I get out of this?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: janie78j - ()

We were defrauded by the Grupo Mayan in Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta last year.  We were promised all the same things they promise everyone else.  We tried to cancel our contract upon our return to California, but instead they offered to exchange our purchase for a smaller unit for less money.  We have paid them in full, but are still sick from the whole experience and do not even want to have anything to do with them. We are not the only ones, you should give a read to this article from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how mayan palace operates the whole scam: