Complaint Review: Washington Mutual Home Loans

• Submitted: Sat, May 05, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:anderson South Carolina
Washington Mutual Home Loans
11200 W Parkland Ave. Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Washington Mutual Home Loans This company has refused to send the tittle on my home after pay off, its been 7 months now.. they keep jerking me around and lying.. Ripoff Milwaukee Wisconsin

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: clarify

*Consumer Comment: Same here, I have never released my in 7 1/2 years

This sorry company has beaten me and my wife down every since they bougfght my loan from another company,,their intrest rate was un-godly high,,they refused to lower it and when i finally paid my home off,,they have repeatedly refused to send out the tittle to my home..I have had my home paid off now for almost 7 months and they still will not send me the tittle to my house..I want them to pay for the taxes on this home this year since its going on almost a year and they will not give me the tittle to it..therefore they own the home,,and i think if thats the way these crooked bastards are going to be,,then they deserved to be sued.Every time i contacted them they have lied to me about the reasons its taken so long to send the title out to me.I want everyone to know that this company is a rip off,,they refuse to work with their costumers and have tried to force me out of this house during the past few years,,,after it was paid for,,they will not return my phone calls,,nor will they send me a title to this home...Every time i have called them they gave me the run around about the title and claim it will take about 2 weeks,,then it went to a month,,then maybe 60 days,,,this company is CROOKED and should be dragged out into the streets and shot,gutted hung up and let the rats eat their intestines while they breath their last dying breath,,i would love to be there and spit upon their rottin corpse as they die..if anyone has any dealings with these slimy dirt bags,,,get a lawyer and get ready to be screwed beyound all beleife..thanks for your time..later

Bo
anderson, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2007 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-Home-Loans/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53224/Washington-Mutual-Home-Loans-This-company-has-refused-to-send-the-tittle-on-my-home-after-247043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual Home Loans

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

clarify

AUTHOR: Kaylee - (U.S.A.)

You ask about a "title". Do you mean the cancelled mortgage and/or note? Normally what happens is the recording documents get sent to the county courthouse unless your state or county specificially requests otherwise - the recorder of deeds office. Have you checked with the county? Once the documents leave Washington Mutual they will not check on it further but assume the county receives the docs. Normally it can take 30 to 120 days for the docs to be sent to the county (or the customer) depending upon state/county guidelines. Did you receive anything from Washington Mutual? Perhaps you were sent the docs but were expecting something else?

You mentioned that they still contacted you after the house was paid off. Are you sure it is paid off? Sending in just the principal balance does not payoff a loan - with most loans there is still interest due until the day the loan is paid off. With most loans the interest you make with your monthly payment is for the prior month. June's payment covers May's interest.

To prove that your house is paid in full you can get a history and a letter stating the loan is paid in full. That way at least you will have something. You mentioned that they still contacted you after the house was paid off.

I know you feel they should do more for you and you are right. In practice however it does not always work that way. I would suggest checking with the county. They may have the documents. If the county tells you the loan is registered as being paid in full then you have nothing to worry about. You should be able to get a copy from them. If they say the loan is still open then call Washington Mutual. Ask to speak to a manager right away. They used to have a special group set up to take escalated calls called the MRG (Manager Resolution Group). They should be able to help you.

Good luck.

Same here, I have never released my in 7 1/2 years

AUTHOR: Sara - (U.S.A.)

I am getting the same run around even hired a lawyer who is getting nowhere with them. My loan was pd off in Dec 1999, sent them letters up to my husbands death in 2001. Had a buyer on my home May 2007 with the title search found out they never removed the lien and because they have been giving us the run around the buyer back out and I lost a sale because of this company! Lawyer won't sue for the money I just lost. And now the buyer that backed out is suing me!

Did you ever get it taken care of? What is the secret if you did?

Thanks