Complaint Review: Wealthy Affiliate

• Reported By: MeLTruthTeller — Long Island New York
Wealthy Affiliate
Internet USA

Wealthy Affiliate A REAL REVIEW OF THESE CONS Internet

*Consumer Comment: Um, this is a positive update, not another "rebuttal"

*Consumer Comment: I see through a lot of it too.

*General Comment: Blah Blah Blah

*Consumer Comment: Positive side of wealthy Affiliate

*Consumer Comment: Wealthy Affiliate A REAL REVIEW OF THIS REPORT Internet

*UPDATE Employee: You are mad due to your faults and failure

*General Comment: The Other Side...

Well, well, well. I was thoroughly convinced that this company was legitimate. Even after I spent significant time researching them, going 10 to 20 pages deep into their google presence, I was still game. This is the ruse:

They are a very clever marketing company, and are everything they say they're not. Beware, and please read. They are smarter than most, which is why they have so many followers. They claim to have the key to training a person on how to successfully create their own lucrative work-from-home blog sites. They do claim to be a lot of work, require a lot of patience, blah blah swoon. You almost had me.

I was told by Nathaniell, on a pretty good site that I thought was legitimate, that I could enhance my existing site by adding marketing for products related to my already niche field of Kitchen Design, and get paid for it! Silly me! I thought it was somewhat curious that I could go to a company like Design Within Reach, and ask them if I could market for them, and have them pay me. I didn't see how this could work. There was some kind of program partnership that wasn't fully explained. So after much resistance I signed up with a backup email to try it out for 7 days, and see if I could learn as much as I could.

I had my "Write Access Revoked by Admin" almost immediately by Kyle, one of the 'founders', eh. It turns out that a lot of the first training courses had to do with setting up a site, blah blah I already have one. So I wanted to get right to the juice of it, because I'm trying to see if this is legit, so amuse me, OK?

I repeatedly asked, in the general forum, for help on finding out how to do what I was led there to do. I had NO interest in creating a Wordpress blog page that would promote Wealthy Affiliates. And yet, this was all they seemed to cover. I kept asking questions and received several responses to just go through the training. For what? To buy into the gimmick? Tell me EXACTLY which training of the 10 to go to so that I don't waste my time. After all, you're selling yourself to me for me to buy into your membership at some point.

I don't have time to la-dee-dah here. Just tell me where to go! If I feel that I need to take a few steps back I will. But no. Kyle HIMSELF made a rude comment to me. This girl suggested that I watch the Alphabet Soup section of the training, that it would help. I said this was for keyword help, and I don't need that. Kyle said that if I didn't know what keywords were for, then I had no business being on the internet. Excuse me??? I was simply stating that SHE did not understand, and led me somewhere I ALREADY KNEW ABOUT. He was rude. And within seconds revoked my ability to respond with his powerful finger.

He didn't want me to write, but I just felt the need. So, here I am. No, I wasn't dumb enough to pay for it, but it seems that, unless you want to be a Wealthy Affiliate robot you are not welcome, and will be coaxed VERY tenderly into paying for it. In fact, I was told that the core of what I wanted to learn was in fact in the premium membership, lucky me! If I was some poor beginning I would've fallen, green money hard.

The ONLY way you will make money is by creating a 'practice' blog page (which becomes your sole purpose) that markets your affiliation with Wealthy Affiliates! In fact, so MANY pages have been created for this purpose that their SEO is AMAZING! It's genius really! They made it so that even if you look up complaints you will be hard pressed to find me, and instead only sites that are cronies just promoting themselves. It's the worst case of writing reviews for yourself that I've ever seen.

You will get paid $22.50 for every person who actually buys the monthly membership, poor souls. $147 if they buy into the annual membership! Seriously?

ANOTHER marketing scheme for you to harrass your friends with and beg them to work-from-home and make money by blogging about what they 'love', when they will really end up monitoring one blog, the one that pays them for every fool who follows that yellow brick to Wealthy Affiliates and the dope behind the curtain. If you know anything about internet marketing already, you will see right through this.

Brainwashing SCAM Unless you want to be a robot and lose all your friends, then enjoy. Thanks Kyle. ;)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 11:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wealthy-Affiliate/internet/Wealthy-Affiliate-A-REAL-REVIEW-OF-THESE-CONS-Internet-1135252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wealthy Affiliate

Um, this is a positive update, not another "rebuttal"

AUTHOR: Avera - (USA)

I entered the wrong email to get back into the account so of course I was rejected, When I corected that I was allowed in. So I can't accuse WA of locking me out because they didn't.

I also wish I could have augmented or changed my previous critique of WA. The index is not fixed but answers depends on the question you submit, and I suppose WA would say it is equivalent. Actually I found a valuable training video after putting in a question, just after getting back in.

And maybe Kyle has blocked me, and maybe not. Don't know why he would but at any rate sorry I mentioned it.

The above remarks are amendments to my previous remarks. WA is not a rip off, just another shrewd business providing opportunities for people to test (or prove) one's own business generating skills....

I see through a lot of it too.

AUTHOR: Avera - (USA)

I also see that they are very heavy on people just re-adding for them (WA) and I see that most sites created by WA members are bland repeat-a-phones about personal health & well-being including of course working on your hobby and making money from it through ads for WA. and affiliate sales. My site was about recovering from smoking addictions through my own phone coaching (and knowledge of addictions), and after 3 months and no clients I passed out some real business cards and then cancelled my sub to WA and then discovered that I could not get back into WA even though I still have paid membership time left...and also discovered that even though the site will still show up for 30 more days, without being able to get into the administration area, I'm not sure I can even transfer the site to another host and domain name. I feel as if my intellectual property might be in the process of being stolen.

I was supposed to be able to get back into WA if I mistakenly cancelled the membership and that seemingly turns out not to be true. I can't get another "free" trial either so there's no way to get back in at all. My old PW is not being honored and I can't get a new one cause the email isn't being honored with a pw change request.

There doesn't seem to be a customer service phone number, or snail mail address from what I have seen on the internet...I hope I'm wrong about this.

Also Kyle started snubbing (blocking communication) me early in the game and I can't even get a nice friendly thankful note in to the guy...  or continue a thread he started when I was a newbie. Apparently he has his reasons but I guess I'm not supposed to know them. When I questioned other top people about this I was told "it" doesn't happen.

On WA coaching material there is no separate indexing of the "lessons".  A point missed can be found again but not by going through any master index which would be crossreferencing ideas & locations...thus depriving us of a a way to get back to where ideas are first presented in the training. Without that we are forced to stumble through videos again and again which is very frustrating & time consuming activity or we must ask people instead. This flaw in the training presentation makes me wonder if the clumsier and slower learning which might result...is as "rewarding" to the CEO (in the form of longer lasting subscriptions) as is is "punishing" to the member?

I don't mind looking repeatedly at mateial I already understand if it is to further boost such understanding. But I do mind being forced to look at inappropriate material when I can't get my original questions answered on my own and then have to ask people who often don't know what you mean.

So I am pretty disappointed with WA in spite of all the spectacular success they think they are making somehow more possible for the "rest" of us.  I also know if I start pointing out that WA is no alternative to the flaws of capitalism and enforced economic unequality, I would get in more trouble than I am willing to play with now.

#3 General Comment

Blah Blah Blah

AUTHOR: anonymous - (USA)

Here is my advice to you:

Stop thinking that you know everything. It might be good to watch all the videos as a refresher, they aren't that long. Your entire post is filled with "I already know that." and "I don't need that.", and "I don't have time for that." I guess you don't need Wealthy Affiliate then, because after all, you already know everything.

You are so smart, that you've outsmarted your **** self!

Remember, you only signed up for the free membership, which only includes the first 10 lessons (that you don't need, because you know everything) and it cost you only $0. So where is the rip-off? You were ripped-off for $0.

Also, you do not have to be a Wealthy Affiliate affiliate at all. You can focus on your own niche website with out promoting the system.

What you need to know is that content creation will be the bulk of your work, but it isn't what makes you money. It's SEO and keyword targeting that makes you money. Without knowing how to use jaaxy.com you will waste your time creating a wonderful website that nobody will ever see.

Accept the fact that you don't know everything. Change your attitude, and slow down. If you already know what's in a lesson, then it should be quick and easy for you to get through it. Your report was totally unfair.

Positive side of wealthy Affiliate

AUTHOR: Jeff Burch - ()

Yes I understand your right to express your anger. Your free trial which would continue even if you did not become a member. You recieved two free websites along with free hosting. You had no use for your sites because Your a seasoned pro that was in search of free information to raise your skill level.

You could of hosted your site that was built and learnd more valuable information If you became a member. You did not like the platform and or the knowledge that, I would say is of great value. Because you knew it already.  Are there flaws in communication maybe. The person led you to the information to try to help you. If it was the wrong information im sure you would of found the right info there.

The community is positive and I see help being offered 24/7 at least she tried to help you. With that statment the readers will know we try to help with every question asked. The program is built around helping real people build a real business I am a member and I could say Im not dumb for becomming one. I Have been around  the online marketing business for eight years.

I say Wealthy Affiliate has the best business building platform that I have ever came across. Im not perfect and also need to learn more as you did. I wish you the best in your business ventures. You lost nothing and you still took your time to belittle WA and others.

This Is Ok in my mind, because it is Your right, Im glad we can express ourselves. Im also glad You took the time for yourself, to look into WA.  I hope you will Understand my comment is on the otherside of yours. Im not a robot in any shape or form. I believe with all my experiance that its a good program and we both took our time here to express ourselves. We both deserve the respect for our opinion's. I respect yours You have a great life,my best wishes to your success JB

Wealthy Affiliate A REAL REVIEW OF THIS REPORT Internet

AUTHOR: Rich Far - ()

Well, well, well...I am sorry to hear of this negative experience with WealthyAffiliate.com as I have a very different story to tell.

I do agree - they are 'a very clever marketing company'.  In fact, they are the best I have come across and I am very happy that I did.  I stumbled upon Wealthy Affiliate through a review on a legitimate website by Nathaniell - onemorecupofcoffee.com

Wealthy Affiliate offers an amazing amount of free education including being able to set up a complete Affiliate website of your choice - does not have to have anything to do with promoting Wealthy Affiliate.

After just three days into my seven day free trial (where you get to experience the full benefits of the Premier membership) I signed up for a Premier account and paid for a full year membership - Because in those three days I had accomplished more, in my online endeavours, than I had ever accomplished prior to Wealthy Affiliate.

I have now been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for six months - I joined in April 2014, incidentally the month this 'con/scam' report was filed - and my experience has been nothing short of rewarding and fulfilling.

Nathaniell has been, and still is, sending me bonus reports and support emails regularly.

Kyle (co-founder of Wealthy Affiliate) is one of the most committed, supportive and best trainers I have ever come across.

The Wealthy Affiliate Community (Forum) is the greatest group of like minded individuals ever!  They are always supportive, always offering suggestions and training including Webinars, blog posts and Live Chat.

In the 6 months of being a member of Wealthy Affiliate, I have built two successful niche websites upon my own passion - in Health and Fitness - and have generated considerable Affiliate income already.  This is without once promoting Wealthy Affiliate.

Being a member of Wealthy Affiliate has never required me to 'harass' my friends or family or anyone else for that matter.

What it has educated me to do is build a business model, around a subject I am passionate about, and begin earning a legitimate income from creating quality content.

I do not have anything to gain from writing this rebuttal - I am not including any affiliate links (I do not actually have an affiliate link for Wealthy Affiliate or for Nathaniell's site).

I just wish to support those who have supported me and shed light where darkness may have been cast erroneously.

If you wish to visit one of my sites - for no other reason but to see it has nothing to do with promoting Wealthy Affiliate - here is the link bodybuildingformass.com

Again, I feel empathy for the individuals who may feel scammed in some way by Wealthy Affiliate.  Maybe they were unable to follow directions or possibly were not able to fully comprehend what was offered and the requirements of their input.

I recommend, and urge, anyone who has a desire to build a legitimate online business to at least give Wealthy Affiliate a go with the 7 day Free trial - and you can actually continue your free membership indefinitely, including your website, minus the Premier Membership entitlements.

Believe me - you have everything to gain and nothing to lose!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Blessings Be,

- Rich Far

You are mad due to your faults and failure

AUTHOR: layla copla - ()

Oh please, and it isn't all fairy tale blogs, brainwashing and people talking strictly positive. --->Here is a blog

Like the guy Nathaniel said above this is free, and you can make residual income with is as a FREE permanent member. So why are you complaining again? Going premium/paying for this is OPTIONAL.

Also like he said some of you in these reports are morons, and I really can't find another word for it. You DO NOT have to promote wealthy affiliate to make money. One more time You DO NOT have to promote wealthy affiliate to make money online. Wealthy affiliate is about teaching, and helping you to find your niche/passion and making money with it, and becoming successful in some way, shape or form. As well as the community and live support, you will not find many programs with random people who are not under you willing to help like this, this I can almost guarantee you. I have time in all of this as well, and you will find out what I mean why you keep searching for and joining the "next best thing" like you are probably doing right now.

Also what did you expect? when you are negative publically it drops moral and brings everyone else down. I can see by your tone/choice of words you are a negative person, hell you would be kicked out of any program talking trash to the owners, and the community.

If it was a scam it wouldn't be around for all these years and people joining it daily pal!

#7 General Comment

The Other Side...

AUTHOR: Nathaniell - ()

My name is Nathaniell and you found WA through my site. I remember the comment you left, and I specifically told you to contact me within the website because the basic training did not apply to you and I could find you training that would be more suitable to your needs. I guess you didn't read the response, because you went ahead and went through the training anyway.

You are correct that not all companies have affiliate programs. Although the specific company you wanted to affiliate with was unavailable, there are many kitchen and design companies that do offer commissions for sales. Part of the training inside WA is finding appropriate programs for your niche.

I cannot comment on the specifics of why your write access was revoked, but I assume it's because you wrote an accusatory rant similar to this one. I'm not quite sure how you were 'ripped off'. You got free access to WA, you decided you didn't like it, and that's pretty much the end of the story.

Last thing: Many people within the training center make money in niches similar to yours - health, fitness, food, games, family, software, etc etc. Promoting WA is in no way required to make money from a Wordpress blog.