Complaint Review: X10

• Updated: Tue, August 23, 2011

• Reported By: CJ — Tampa Florida United States of America
X10

X10 Shipped wrong product and expect me to pay return shipping. Internet

I previously purchased an Nstinct remote from X10.  Works perfectly and it was a good value.  A friend liked it and I thought it would make a good gift.  I found one being sold on ebay for a lower price than on the company website.  The ebay listing said it would take a while for shipping as it was drop shipped from X10. I called x10 and asked if they would match the price and was told yes.  I placed the order and received confirmation.  In a few days I received a different model that was a return.  I called customer service and explained that there were two issues, I did not receive the correct model and it was a used item.  They said I purchased a used item and that was why I got the low price.  The sales rep never mentioned that it was used when I placed the order.  Customer service said they would issue and RMA and send the info in an email.  When I received the email it stated that I was responsible for return shipping.  I called again and said I shouldn't be paying for return shipping when they send the wrong model.  The rep said they would submit my request.  X10 has not responded to that request or a follow-up email.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2011 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/X10/internet/X10-Shipped-wrong-product-and-expect-me-to-pay-return-shipping-Internet-768616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on X10