controlling

• Updated: Mon, November 04, 2013

• Reported By: KJD1129 — Southern California
ADT
1501 Yamato Rd Boca Raton, Florida USA

ADT does not accept responsibility for security system failure. Security System, Failure, Burglary, Theft Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: Paragraph 6 of the ADT contract states the limitation of liablility and your rights under the contract.

For many years, I have entrusted the security of my business office to ADT and their security system. In July of 2013, our office was burglarized. After the burglary, an ADT technician came out and verified that the motion detector did not go off when the perpetrator came into the office. It was verified that everything was set correctly and he could give no explanation as to why the alarm did not activate.

At ADT’s request, I sent the ADT Litigation Department a letter along with receipts, the Sacramento Police Department Incident Report as well as photographs of the room after the break-in and theft. In September, I received an acknowledgement receipt from Zurich (ADT’s Insurance Company) stating they had in fact received the claim from ADT.

My assistant began contacting Zurich to check on the status of the claim, after numerous unreturned phone calls and answers that they were still working on the claim drug out for over a month. Finally on October 31st, we received word from Zurich that they had denied the claim and ADT was not responsible for the break in/loss of property at my office.

My extreme frustration stems from several places; first and foremost, the lack of responsibility that ADT took for our claim; it also stems from the amount of time it took ADT and their insurance company to process the claim. I paid for ADT's security system to protect my office and belongings. It failed to do that. I expected further and speedier communication from ADT in response to the claim; I never heard anything from ADT directly. I certainly expected ADT and their insurance company to do whatever it takes to quickly process this claim so our loss can be recouped, and yet they refuse to take responsibility

This situation has proven to me that ADT does not care about their customers and they will take no responsibility if THEIR system fails to work. I am now out almost $2000.00 and many hours thanks to ADT’s failed system. I will let everyone know that ADT cannot be trusted to protect their property or belongings and they cannot be trusted to follow through with any customer service complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/ADT-does-not-accept-responsibility-for-security-system-failure-Security-System-Failure-1096867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Have you read this?  I'll first say my contract is several years old, but bet yours is very similar.

The alarm companies usually also recommend a regular test with them (usually monthly).  Had you done this?

I no longer have ADT, but they were a good company to deal with when I did.  I just liked a different company's equipment better and switched with NO problem.

Read your contract and see if you have any other options...good luck.