Complaint Review: centurylink

• Updated: Mon, January 13, 2014

• Reported By: alejandro — TUCSON Arizona
centurylink
, Select State/Province USA

centurylink Call and cancel service and instead given the runaround and a charge of $43.51 Tucson Arizona

December 10th 2013 called centurylink to cancel my phone and internet service. But instead my account was put on seasonal hold with a  $ 43.51 charge due on january 19, 2014. After I paid in full my December phone bill.

January 6, 2014 called their 1800-244-1111 and after 15 min explain to centurylink phone agent that my account was put onhold and not canceled. Agree that I was lied to and to call a diffrent number to get my charge taken out or credit it.  All he could do was only cancel my centurylink account.The time was 4:50 pm arizona  time and could not get a reponse.

January 7,2014 after explaining my situation to several phone agents was told my account was closed on the 6th of January. Yes, but I wanted it closed in December after already paying  $ 61.47 and didn't want to or should pay again when my services were shut in December.

Agree to eliminate the charge of $  43.51 and a week later, the 13 of january still owe them.  The funny thing is I was planning on returning in the future to centurylink. But, after being lied twice by Centurylink emploee's will never return. Will tell family, friends, and anybody I see in public about being ripoff and lied to. Account number with centurylink is xx217 r.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2014 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/centurylink/Select-StateProvince/centurylink-Call-and-cancel-service-and-instead-given-the-runaround-and-a-charge-of-435-1115257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on centurylink