Complaint Review: Clay Cooley

• Updated: Mon, January 13, 2014

• Reported By: audestra88 — Fort Worth Texas
Clay Cooley
8900 Camp Bowie West fort worth, Texas USA

Clay Cooley allowed a mother of three to sign a loan for an unsafe car. fort worth Texas

*General Comment: Here is a quick fact to remember before you Blame the Car Lot

*Consumer Comment: It's unlikely your used car is covered under the Texas Lemon Laws, Here's an excerpt of the law..

*Consumer Comment: So They Knew In Advance???

*Consumer Comment: Bring someone that knows how to buy a vehicle with you

*Author of original report: yes they ripped me off

*Consumer Comment: No ripoff here

After searching for a reliable vehicle for what seemed like an eternity, I stopped by clay cooley on camp bowie. They knew the minute I stepped out of the car that they had a sucker. I explained my wants, needs and concerns to the salesman who claimed that the company was a trustworthy place to do business with. What a lie!

I have three small children and am currently pregnant and I fear putting my kids in that death trap I was convinced was safe. By a divine miracle, factory recall, I found out just how deadly unsafe this car is. Every and I do mean every safety sensor is malfunctioning on this car! From the tire speed monitoring system to the braking system and every one in between.

I was furious and curious so I asked the Hyundai certified mechanic, who was doing the factory recall, if this is normal and if it happens in a short period of time? (Feb to Oct is the length of time I had the car before the recall). In his professional opinion, no that was not normal nor was it something that could happen in a short period of time.

Not only are all the safety sensors indicating dangerous malfunctioning of ALL safety systems, but the car itself is falling apart...two door handles came off in my hand and you can clearly see where they had been previously glued back on before I purchased that car. I am in utter shock that these "men" would knowingly allow a vehicle to be sold in such unsafe conditions.

This vehicle is way over priced as well. I have spoken to the corp office and they want to try to get me into another car. My payments will go up. But I do not feel as though I can trust clay cooley with the lives of my innocent children and myself.

They have also illegally taken money from my account without my permission be it written or verbal. Not a company I would recommend or have recommended. All I want at this point, is every bit of money I have given as down payment and monthly payments so that I can go somewhere else to find a safer more trustworthy place to do business with, so I can have a safer vehicle for my family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2014 12:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clay-Cooley/fort-worth-Texas-76116/Clay-Cooley-allowed-a-mother-of-three-to-sign-a-loan-for-an-unsafe-car-fort-worth-Texas-1115042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clay Cooley

#1 General Comment

Here is a quick fact to remember before you Blame the Car Lot

AUTHOR: Car Salesman From Fort Worth - ()

Remember, the Car Lot that sold you the car, did not build that car.  It was not their design, nor do they own the factory that builds it.  They bought the car from ANOTHER CONSUMER, just like you.  They were the one's who knew the car had MAJOR ISSUES, before they took it in and sold it to the car lot.

So your anger is misplaced.  You should find out who the previous owner of the car is, and direct your anger towards them. Ask them why they did not tell the Car Lot about all the problems , so the Car Lot could have avoided purchasing this car?

I sell cars, and  we have had individuals who came in with a car that looked very nice, and clean, but later, after we sold it, we found that they did all kinds of tricks to hide very costly issues with the car. Like Filling the A/C up with freon to cover up a major problem with the compressor that cost the next owner 3000.00 to fix the A/C.

Like putting lifters on the spark plugs to keep the plugs from getting covered in oil, as oil was leaking into the heads. Like changing the carpet of the car to conceal the fact that the car had been flooded. Remember this from now on when you buy a used car, THIS PEICE OF CRAP you are currently driving used to be someone Else's PEICE OF CRAP.

With new car prices being what they are today, no body gets rid of a good used car, they only get rid of cars that have problems.

Next time get the car inspected by a mechanic, we advise ALL our clients to do so before they sign any paperwork.  Just make sure you dont cover up any issues when you take that auto in, and trade it in, or you are just as guilty of FRAUD as the person who sold your Car Lot that peice of KRAP.

Sincerely

A Very Honest Used Car Salesman.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Are used motor vehicles covered?

Your used vehicle may be covered under current state laws. Texas laws related to warranty performance may cover your vehicle if your used vehicle is still covered by the manufacturer's original warranty (not an extended service contract), or if the problem started and was reported to the dealer while under warranty and it continues to exist, repair assistance of the warranty-related problem may be available to you.

The other rebuttals have mentioned your failure to carefully inspect the car BEFORE purchase and your mention of being pregnant with three small children.  What does this have to do with the deal you made for the car.

BTW, do you look like a sucker ALL the time or only when you are buying a car?

So They Knew In Advance???

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

If they knew..."the minute I stepped out of the car they had a sucker"... maybe you shouldn't have been a sucker before you got out of the car...meaning you should have been a SMART CONSUMER!

Bring someone that knows how to buy a vehicle with you

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

You still don't understand how car dealerships work. The fact that they are "willing" to put you in another car is not something they are doing without benefit to the car dealer. This is a business transaction between you and the dealership.

First, it is your responsibility as an adult consumer to have the vehicle checked out by a third party mechanic prior to purchasing any vehicle. You admit that you did not have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic prior to purchase. If you had one, then you would have known about the vehicle's sensors.

Second, used vehicles are sold "AS IS" unless you buy a warranty or a warranty is included in the contract. Lemon laws apply to new cars. Very few state's have lemon laws for used vehicles. Check your state's "lemon laws" to know what applies to you and what you have to do to qualify under your state's lemon laws. The "Federal Lemon Law" really has to do with the car's explicit written warranty at the time of purchase. This statute is called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Look it up to see if your vehicle qualifies.

Third, please don't use the "single mother" excuse as it devalues your argument. It was a business transaction where you did not read the contract or do your due diligence prior to purchase. Did the dealership behave badly - yes. ALL DEALERSHIP SALES REPS LIE to get you to buy the car. Once you understand that, then your future purchases will be less problematic.

I am not associated with this dealership or any other. I am not defending the dealer either, just pointing out that you won't get anywhere if you think the dealer is going to look out for you when you are purchasing a vehicle from them. It just isn't going to happen.

Get your contract out to see what recourse you have with this purchase. Read up on your state's statutes before you attempt to rectify this issue. You might want to get an attorney involved or at least someone that knows what they are doing so you don't jump from the pan into the fire. Be careful here.

yes they ripped me off

AUTHOR: audestra88 - ()

You can not say that there was no ripoff done here. Were you the mechanic who inspected the car prior to being put on the lot to be sold?  No, I highly doubt that. There's a lemon law put into place because sleazy car dealers wanted to fix a vehicle long enough to sell it, knowingly with major problems to innocent unsuspecting buyers.

Which is what happened in my case. If it wasn't then the dealership would not have had the response of we'll take the car back, after several uhs and ums, and put you in another vehicle. Never once during my nearly hour long conversation did the company rep ever tell me, "well im sorry but the car was sold as is and there's nothing we can do".

Which further goes to prove that they willingly and did knowingly sell an obviously unsafe vehicle, which from what im now finding out is not the first time nor is it the tenth.....the deception of this dealership is deep and long. There is, unfortunately, a lot I am or was unaware of when purchasing a car. Now, through this catastrophic mistake, I have learned what I can do, as far as prebuy inspection, before I sign to buy.

No ripoff here

AUTHOR: dum8d0g - ()

Used cars are sold "as is", and any problems with it become your own responsibility.  What did your mechanic say about the vehicle when you took it in for a pre-buy inspection?