Complaint Review: identity guard

• Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: truthshouldnthurt — dewitt Michigan United States of America
identity guard
PO Box 222455, Chantilly VA Internet United States of America

identity guard someone STOLE MY IDENTITY on this website? This company is a LIE. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Seriously?

*Consumer Comment: Totally not their fault

*Consumer Comment: How Is Your Debit Card Being Stolen Identity Guard's Fault?

*Consumer Comment: Unfortunate

WOW, just looked at my bank statement.. someone stole my debit card number to sign up for Identity guard-in their name-with my card.... You would think being a identity guarding company this wouldn't happen. Obviously this is proof of Identity Guard is a crock of crap. Im going through hoops, phone calls, and faxes just to get $20.00 back and my name off their site. THIS COMPANY is POOP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/identity-guard/internet/identity-guard-someone-STOLE-MY-IDENTITY-on-this-website-This-company-is-a-LIE-Internet-1000652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on identity guard

Seriously?

AUTHOR: LilJonJon - ()

I honestly don't know whether or not to laugh at this.  So, because someone used your card number, you're upset at the company?  Hello?  People pay with other people's cards all of the time.  I got my wife Identity Guard on MY personal credit card.

Honestly though, I don't even believe this report.  Seriously, who would be stupid enough to commit credit card fraud... with a fraud detection company... using their OWN name?  If you have an actual complaint about the company, then talk about what really made you mad.  Don't make up stuff.  I've been using this service for years, and as I said, my wife has now for a while too, and we have nothing but good things to say.

Okay.  Mind made up.  I'm going to laugh at this post.

Totally not their fault

AUTHOR: reccelston - ()

Ok, I understand you're probably a little peeved at having your credit card information stolen, but you can't blame a company when you weren't even enrolled to begin with. The fact that the person that stole your credit card used it to get Identity Guard is actually kind of funny and ironic. This in no way reflects on the worthiness of Identity Guard.

Once you enroll, they will protect you and they have protected me for years. These types of uneducated and frankly childish complaints infuriate me. Obviously, you did not have their protection and had your credit card stolen. Maybe you should take a cue from the thousands of happy and satisified customers like me and get them to protect you as well.

How Is Your Debit Card Being Stolen Identity Guard's Fault?

AUTHOR: Leslie - ()

My experience with Identity Guard has been nothing but pleasant considering I found them through online research of my own and devoured their resources and so forth. They have excellent facts, data and a plethora of services to help people track, monitor and protect their credit scores and identity through staying educated and aware of all activity on ones credit.

I came across this report and was rather shocked to see that the original complaint basically blames Identity Guard for their identity being stolen.  Honesty, that's asinine.  The fact is that nearly all online purchases where you just enter a credit card number, mailing address and name plus maybe a phone number and of course an email address don't contact the person in the mail to confirm identity.  I just cannot see how the fact that someone debit or credit card is stolen then they sign up for a service and the company that charges the card is at fault.

I wish everyone the best in their search to protect, repair or reclaim their identity and or credit scores due to unforeseen events and hope we all stay educated and keep up on tracking our "stuff".  Best of luck to all.....my best suggestion is to always stay educated and knowledgeable.

Unfortunate

AUTHOR: Kris F. - ()

I'm sorry that happened to you.. that is definitely unfortunate.  It's not at all the experience I had with identity guard - they actually helped STOP someone from opening fraudulent accounts in my name after I was robbed.  It sounds like you got caught in a catch 22 that the company really couldn't control... they couldn't use the product to protect you before the product was fraudulently bought.  It's an unfortunate situation but I hope you won't hold it against identity guard - the really have been a life saver for me and my family.

Have a great day!